Image Map Image Map

Thread: Using Ethernet/LAN adapters in DOS

Default Using Ethernet/LAN adapters in DOS

Does anyone have any experience with this? In order to successfully use my webserver software (EZ-NOS) and load my ethernet cards packet driver, it tells me that it needs the LSL.COM loaded beforehand. I tried doing this in config.sys file but it freezes my system (I just plain don't know what I'm doing, hehe).

Can anyone help me at all? How would I 'install' and use a LAN adapter in DOS?

The card I am using is an Intel 8/16 (EtherExpress) Lan Adapter in forced 8-bit mode.

Blog Entries

Have you tried using NetWare? You can d/l it free (legal, too) here:

ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/

--T
    Teach your children how to think, not what, and hold 'em close, not tight.

Please visit the Vintage-Computer Wiki. Contributers welcome.

Thank you very much, but I seem to have solved the problem, but now a new one has arisen.

Damn EZ-NOS. Not as simple as it's been whipped up to be. I have the packet driver and the network card set to all the right specs, it seems (DMA/IRQ, memory address, etc) and the software keeps saying it can't find my packet driver.

I'm going to give up soon.

Instead of making another topic, I'll just put a similar question right here...

Would it be possible to put some kind of speed-cap on a DOS based program accessing the web?

Again, having to do with EZ-NOS. My DSL only has an upload speed of 30KB/s, and if I plug my 286 server onto my connection and someone starts looking at alot of webpage or in my FTP and I'm on my regular PC (playing a game for example), my connection would suffer.

If possible, I'd like to cap my server at 10KB/s download and leave the upload unrestricted.