Image Map Image Map

Thread: help

Default help

how do you setup an apple 2e becuase apple //e is flashing on screen

You don't set it up so much as plug it in and turn it on. The banner "Apple //e" ought to be printed at the top of the screen, but if it's actually flashing... something has gone terribly wrong.

Do you have a disk interface card plugged into (probably) slot 6? You might try turning it on, then holding down the Control (ctrl) key while hitting Reset. Do you get a beep and a right-bracket ("]") prompt?

Well, I posted this in another thread a while back, but, it appears it could use another posting.

The Apple //e has built-in diagnostics. To access them, press Ctrl-Open Apple-Closed Apple-Reset to run diagnostics and replace the defective IC(s) shown on the screen.
    Legacy Computers and Parts

Sales of, parts for, and repairs to, Vintage and Legacy computers.

Quote Originally Posted by david__schmidt View Post
    You don't set it up so much as plug it in and turn it on. The banner "Apple //e" ought to be printed at the top of the screen, but if it's actually flashing... something has gone terribly wrong.

Do you have a disk interface card plugged into (probably) slot 6? You might try turning it on, then holding down the Control (ctrl) key while hitting Reset. Do you get a beep and a right-bracket ("]") prompt?
    doesn't flash anymore and when i insert a disk it just shows apple 2e at the top of the screen

Quote Originally Posted by ringtemek View Post
    when i insert a disk it just shows apple 2e at the top of the screen
    Does the little red light on the drive light up? Do you hear the drive spinning (it's loud - you can't miss it)? Is the drive plugged in? Does ctrl-reset bring you back to the Applesoft prompt?

I need help, too.

I've got an Apple II E composite monitor and a GS (ofcourse). When set to 60mhz, the screen has begun to get stuck in a vertical scroll. I was getting color until this mishap occured. But when set to 50mhz, the GS lets the monitor function properly yet in black and white.

I turned the darn thing on like a hundred times, managed to get a color screen by pushing a button on the front of the monitor (under that little flap) and had no scrolling problems. But now! Yikes! I'm lucky if I can see what is going on. Did I accidentally set the thing to work under TV mode????