Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Videos

1. Default Videos

How come there isn't to many videos up on youtube of the Altair and Imsai running?
    Are people afraid to use them or are most of the machines dead to the world now?

Most people are probably scared out of their mind to use them - I would be!
    That's pretty much why I got rid of mine a few years ago - shame having something around, and always being terrified.

Of course, NOT powering it up, is just as bad, especially for the caps and xformers.

Danged if you do, danged if you don't!

T

I'm not saying it's not a good idea, but that would be pretty hardcore to put up more than a few switch programming and flashing lights videos (beyond what's already there). I'm very impressed at the speed with which some of these guys can program and I've also been impressed when these things have been hooked up to terminals, disk drives, etc., and made more usable, but again, I suppose it's more of a "have to be there live" type of activity and direct user experience than something that translates well to video. Just a thought...
    =============================
    Bill Loguidice, Author
    Managing Director, Armchair Arcade
    About Me

...Agreed.

Might as well put up a video looking out your car window when ordering in a drive-thru.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
    ...Agreed.

Might as well put up a video looking out your car window when ordering in a drive-thru.

T
    It has been done! http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.c...videoid=664268

Funny stuff!

--Ryan
    Come to the dark side...we have cookies.
    Wanted: Somebody to buy alot of my stuff
    AT&T PC 6300 site

Maybe Vince could upload a clip of one of his AltairKits running a game (yes, I know now he's gonna PM me and say "if you'd build the damn kit I sold you, you could do it too..<g>" but I'm just nervous about that project and my soldering skills right now).

If I can figure out how the hell to hook up my Kim-1 I could try video taping MicroChess or something, but the unit I bought has all sorts of weird cabling that makes me nervous also.

- John

I have a complete KIM-1 and Replica-1 that were pre-built by Vince, so they should in theory just work. Not sure what would be all that interesting to record though...
    Bill Loguidice, Author
    About Me

Quote Originally Posted by barythrin View Post
    Maybe Vince could upload a clip of one of his AltairKits running a game (yes, I know now he's gonna PM me and say "if you'd build the damn kit I sold you, you could do it too..<g>" but I'm just nervous about that project and my soldering skills right now).

If I can figure out how the hell to hook up my Kim-1 I could try video taping MicroChess or something, but the unit I bought has all sorts of weird cabling that makes me nervous also.

- John
    I thought he wasn't selling the Altair PC yet, or is this something else?
    Bill Loguidice, Author
    About Me

Crap. My mistake.. I mean Grant not Vince.. (always get the two names mixed up in the awesome clone market).

I didn't know he finished his Kim-1 clone, cool if so ) I like that kit just because the price is so affordable.. no I haven't built my replica-1 yet either but for the price I'm much more willing to have a mistake vs the altairkit which is also functionally identical but a tad more painfull to have me mess up.

- John

and they're both great guys, obviously Grant wouldn't actually say that, he just loves to ask and check if it's going ok.

You pay shipping both ways and I'll build it for you.
    Legacy Computers and Parts

Sales of, parts for, and repairs to, Vintage and Legacy computers.