Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a list of Vintage FLATBED Pen Plotters

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    ...and I just realized that the OP was nearly 4 years ago!
    Nearly? It was four years ago YESTERDAY!
    Apple ][+ through Retina MacBook Pro, 5150 PC through Core i7 8870/GeForce GTX 1080Ti and quad Itanium 9150M, and many in between.
    Newton, Palm 1000, Palm V, N-Gage, Tapwave Zodiac, iPhone, iPhone X.
    Intellivision, Game Boy through 3DS, Wii, XBone

any whay of getting a copy of the service manual
    i have a problem with my plotter

Quote Originally Posted by BillB3857 View Post
    I have a Radio Shack FP-215 X-Y Flatbed plotter Catalog Number 26-1193A. Plotting area is 11.73"X8.5". Resolution is 0.1mm in each axis. It uses special pens that are manually changed and probably not available any more. I have successfully cut down other felt tips to put into the clip. The clip is just a little spring clip similar to what a fuse would clip into. The reason to cut the pens down is that if they are left long, the mass makes the thing bounce the pen. The up down function is really a small rotation of the clip. The flat bed is magnetic and on one edge, a hinged metal retainer holds the paper. The other edge (long side) of the paper is held by a long, loose, metal strip.
    One of the neat things about this plotter is that it will accept commands through either serial or parallel port communications and is programmed in BASIC using the LPRINT commands. It can, through BASIC commands draw or position either to an absolute position or to a postition relative to the current position. Origin points can be established anywhere within the plotting area.
    I have the 50+ page user manual and the 100+ page service manual that has complete parts lists, schematics, PC board layouts, etc.
    I've been thinking about taking the laser from a CD burner and making something to etch with. One of my ex-co-workers has the same unit and has used his with Resist Pens to lay out PC boards.

Default fp plotter

do you by any chance still have this plotter
    or the service manual

thanks
    doug

Quote Originally Posted by BillB3857 View Post
    I have a Radio Shack FP-215 X-Y Flatbed plotter Catalog Number 26-1193A. Plotting area is 11.73"X8.5". Resolution is 0.1mm in each axis. It uses special pens that are manually changed and probably not available any more. I have successfully cut down other felt tips to put into the clip. The clip is just a little spring clip similar to what a fuse would clip into. The reason to cut the pens down is that if they are left long, the mass makes the thing bounce the pen. The up down function is really a small rotation of the clip. The flat bed is magnetic and on one edge, a hinged metal retainer holds the paper. The other edge (long side) of the paper is held by a long, loose, metal strip.
    One of the neat things about this plotter is that it will accept commands through either serial or parallel port communications and is programmed in BASIC using the LPRINT commands. It can, through BASIC commands draw or position either to an absolute position or to a postition relative to the current position. Origin points can be established anywhere within the plotting area.
    I have the 50+ page user manual and the 100+ page service manual that has complete parts lists, schematics, PC board layouts, etc.
    I've been thinking about taking the laser from a CD burner and making something to etch with. One of my ex-co-workers has the same unit and has used his with Resist Pens to lay out PC boards.

Look up Mossley. They were bought by HP.
    Dwight