Image Map Image Map

Thread: Ibm Ps/1 Bios

Question Ibm Ps/1 Bios

I have an IBM PS/1 Consultant model 2155. I was wondering where I might be able to find a BIOS update? The reason is I want to see if that will enable to the BIOS to see larger hard drives than 503MB. I put a 2GB drive in it but it only sees 503MB. I've heard about using MaxBlast but have not tried it yet. Any ideas?

Blog Entries

Ummn...ibm.com?

--T
    Teach your children how to think, not what, and hold 'em close, not tight.

Please visit the Vintage-Computer Wiki. Contributers welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Makikun View Post
    I have an IBM PS/1 Consultant model 2155. I was wondering where I might be able to find a BIOS update? The reason is I want to see if that will enable to the BIOS to see larger hard drives than 503MB. I put a 2GB drive in it but it only sees 503MB. I've heard about using MaxBlast but have not tried it yet. Any ideas?

I have that same model IBM. I used MaxBlast to install a 1.6GB drive with no problems. Well, not until the riser card exploded. It was totally unrelated to the hard drive, the capacitors on the riser leaked and burned a hole in the board. The computer works fine without the riser but now I can't use a NIC or sound card.

It's been upgraded with a DX/2-66 and 20MB ram. Runs Windows 95 at an acceptable speed.

Kent

ps, MaxBlast is only for Maxtor drives - if you have a different brand of drive you can download the "Dynamic Drive Overlay" utilities here:
    http://members.shaw.ca/rinocanada/hdutils.htm

I think they're all based on OnTrack Disk Manager... I just used it to install a 2.5gb drive on my Packard Bell Legend 610.