• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

NOTICE: Vintage-Computer.com hosting change!

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
Attention users of the Vintage Computer Forum:

We are in the process of relocating these boards and the rest of www.vintage-computer.com (including the Marketplace and the Wiki) to a new web host.

This move is a testament to the popularity of these services. We've simply outgrown our existing provider account!

If all goes well the process should be painless and hardly noticeable. The website(s), scripts and data are already in the process of moving and once I'm confident that everything is running smoothly at the new host I will lock the existing site, migrate the latest databases and transfer the domains.

DNS propagation usually takes somewhere between a few hours and a day. Once that is done we'll be back to normal and everything will be as it was.

I'm hopeful that we can do this well before the weekend. . .

I'll make a copy of this announcement in the general forum to which y'all can reply with advice, suggestions and, once the move is complete, any issues you might see.

Thank you!

FYI: Things are looking good on the new host so I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow morning, PST. If the boards are locked try back in a bit - DNS propagation will be in progress.

Hopefully everything (site, forums, marketplace, wiki, etc.) are up when I'm done, but if not I'll hammer out bugs as they pop up.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Looks like we're back.

Please let me know if you notice anything out of the ordinary! :)

Thank you!

Back