• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Please Help, Viatron system 21

Moondog_uk

Hi guys, ive joined this forum in the hope that you can help me. I apologies if i have posted this in the wrong place.
Ive come across what i belive to be computer parts from the end of the 60s.I did a google lens search but the only item i had a positive result was for the video display, which identified it as from a Viatron System 21. A lot of the items appear to be bespoke or even prototype. 2 of the keyboards have model numbers / make but cant find anything on the net.. Any information to any of the items in the pics Would be greatly appreciated . Many thanks for reading this. Darren

Here is the link to the pics.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/shar...zWmpcY5VwoOuzX

Last edited:
Is there any value to any of this? ..
If so can someone point me in the right direction as where to sell .
thank s
Darren

The display was the first computer monitor that I had. I think that I bought it from Meshna in the 1970's. What's inside is a Motorola or Admiral B/W TV chassis without a tuner and some parts on the main PCB, making it a "monitor". Naturally, it is NTSC. It worked for many years and it was also the first monitor that I had on my first IBM PC clone, running a CGA board with NTSC output*. It may have been "tweeked" at the factory for better resolution than a stock television set, as I recall it was pretty good at the time.

* I know that this wasn't very good, but this was the early 80's and I couldn't afford an actual IBM color display set at the time, and I just couldn't bear to do RF to channel 4.

Last edited:
Hi,
thanks for the repth.I had a tech friend come over yesterday. We fired it up using 110v 50htz with a basic camera attached and it worked like a dream. No burny smells.. its in mint Condition and looks new. I want to sell it, is there anywhere you can recommend.
if you give me your email i can send you the video.

Kind regards
Darren

Back