• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The VCFA is back!

hexstar

Welcome to the VCFA--yes it's finally back and here to stay. The VCFA's mission is to ensure that hard to find files remain easy to find and accessible to everyone. Furthermore, the goal of this service is to allow those who have hard to find files to share them and make them available to the rest of the community. This way these files never disappear and vanish into the vast cyberspace. I believe that by helping to maintain the community's files in a manner that ensures 24/7 availability I can ensure just that much more that the vintage computing community stays alive and well.

Now colocated with 200Mbps of upstream bandwidth!

Connection details at http://themacarchive.net. Enjoy over 700GB of vintage software, free. :)

"Distro Name
Apple.png
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)"

ugg. I feel dirty just going to that webpage...

Welcome to the VCFA--yes it's finally back and here to stay. The VCFA's mission is to ensure that hard to find files remain easy to find and accessible to everyone. Furthermore, the goal of this service is to allow those who have hard to find files to share them and make them available to the rest of the community. This way these files never disappear and vanish into the vast cyberspace. I believe that by helping to maintain the community's files in a manner that ensures 24/7 availability I can ensure just that much more that the vintage computing community stays alive and well.

Now colocated with 200Mbps of upstream bandwidth!

Connection details at http://themacarchive.net. Enjoy over 700GB of vintage software, free. :)

Sure is a lot of software there! (ftp://themacarchive.net/filelist.txt) ...... but I'm sure you obtained all of the copyright holders' permissions to host it, right?

Well, a lot of it I don't know who the actual original owner is and when I have discovered who the actual owner is I've often not been able to find contact details for them. So in light of this, I host this software under the realm of "abandonware" and openly accept DMCA requests by owners who see software of theirs that they do not want distributed in this manner. I will, of course, promptly comply with any and all such requests received.

Back