• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage Computers in the Pacific Northwest

MarkO_

Experienced Member
Albany, Oregon, USA, North Western Hemisphere, Pla
Hello All;

I know there is a lot of Vintage Computer Collectors and Users in the Pacific Northwest, including some famous ones like Earl Evans ( Twitter, Forth128, RetroBit PodCast ) , Kevin Savetz ( Twitter, ANTIC PodCast , Atari Archivist ) and Michael J. Mahon, ( Hardware Hacker ), and I am sure there are a lot more...

With all these Vintage Computer Festivals around the country, it seems like there should be one here..

Is this something that can be put together with all the Vintage Enthuses in the Region???

MarkO

(Moderator's note: This was moved from a regional forum.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. i was hoping that you were going to get more of a response. I have been debating about going to VCF west but that is a reasonably high effort. I have a computer buddy in the bay area that will be going and he is a good ambassador for our Intel Development System community if anything related happens to come up. For the PNW perhaps the living museum or retro computing group in Seattle is doing something this summer? I have no idea how many people are active in the PNW to participate, but you can probably count me in depending on location and date. Are there any active vintage computer groups in Oregon? What did you have in mind? a full blown event or just a BBQ?

MarkO

i would prefer in the summer. the fall is too iffy weatherwise for an outdoor event. I may be able to arrange for a venue if we want to have a bring-your-stuff saturday playday and then a BBQ sat evening. we are a little north of portland.

I think its a great idea for sometime in the summer. I live an hour out of Portland and would love to bring up some of my equipment to show.

I'm replying to this thread so I can receive email notification if you guys cook up something.

I still have a lot of fun running MS-DOS software and would enjoy seeing what kind of hardware you folks have kept up and running.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

I tinker a little here and there and am experimenting in indie games - I'm in Lynnwood - I also go by Creepingnet more often.

I just joined this forum today and I'm out of Goldendale, WA. Wouldn't mind making some trips to meet folks and check out some vintage gear.

I live an hour out of Portland and would love to bring up some of my equipment to show.

I just joined today. I'm owner of 3 Non-Working IBM PCs, a weird VT100 Clone, and a couple Macintoshes. I'm about an 40 minutes north of Seattle and am planning to go to the next SRCS meeting on the 25th!

Back