• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Junk Shop in Colorado Springs

Caleb Hansberry

Veteran Member
Hi. There's a junk shop here with overly high prices but they always consider offers and they have some weird stuff. Might just have what you need and if there's anything you'd like, I'd be happy to make an offer, buy, and ship for you at no additional cost. Sorry I can't say what all they have here but here's some pics:
Random stuff showing how it's all piled up, theres cases, appliances, testers, RAM cards, graphing calculators, cameras...
FR903Iz.jpg

More stuff, theres mainly power supplies, analyzers, and cords and adapters for them, but also some weird bizzare machines I have no idea what they are:
tA3z6dH.jpg

This is a huge pile of power cords and adapters. They have a lot including a couple large and unique looking commodore ones (but NOT Atari 520ST! :mad:) :
bSKrOmZ.jpg

Components of all sorts. Fans, motors, LEDs, diodes, ports, plugs, capacitors, lengths of pipe...
vurZK6b.jpg

Example pin thingys, there's a very large amount of these, and example wire, they have all the wires and I think ribbon cable:
fnag8N6.jpg

pTM81hX.jpg

They have a very large amount of adapters, DIN and VGA and Molex and whatnot. Also an HP 86B calculator thingy:
OA0UFQP.jpg

And three Osborne OCC-2 systems:
Mu0o4Xa.jpg

That's all. Of course there's also a normal selection of PCI cards, motherboards of all ages, hard drives, SCSI stuff, floppies, operating systems (mainly windows), monitors, graphics cards, PSUs, SIMMs... lemme know if there's anything you think I can look for, I'm there frequently enough :)

animaatjes-spongebob-79581.gif

I demand you tell me where this is!

I'll at least make a stop this weekend. Just to look at things.

Ooh, maybe we can meet up luckybob :) It'd be fun to meet someone from the forum. It's called OEM Parts and it's located on Hancock off Fillmore.

Yeah it is Chuck. I wonder what it's value is and what they're asking - I didn't see many on eBay anyway. Also OEM Parts guarantees their stuff works or your money back which is interesting with so much old stuff.

I forgot to mention they had a Tandy 4860 laptop there for $35 (might be able to offer less?) if anyone wants. It's shipable, $12 in the US, but doesn't come with the power adapter. Good condition though. Radioshack.com still has all the data on it and it's pinouts too.

The HP 86B isn't just a "calculator thingy". It is full-fledged computer that was aimed at scientists and engineers. It's the same thing as the HP 85 except without the built-in monitor, printer, or tape drive:

Rats ! ! !

I was in Highland Ranch at the end of June/beginning of July. If I had know about that place I would have driven over there.

I'm always looking for 8" floppy drives (1/2 highs are even better), plus right now I need some of the 5-conductor plugs that are used on Shugart SA810/SA860 1/2 high 8" floppy drives, AND always on the look-out for S-100 stuff.

I'll keep a lookout for 8" drives and accessories. I will say though that vintage systems themselves are not generally this store's specialty (the name is "OEM Parts" after all) so while they have the computers I mentioned and sometimes have some others (once I saw an original Macintosh and an HP 200LX), they have a ton less than some places you guys have posted where there's just shelves full of old desktops and laptops and stuff.

Hmmm.... SWMBO has been dropping hints about wanting to visit Colorado Springs again....

Perhaps we'll take my truck. :D

I went to this place today. Very nice people running the place.

First off, this place SMELLS. Just reeks of old electronics. It was glorious. I would dare say, they have a little bit of EVERYTHING. db13w3 cables, every type of dip package ic logic... I could go on. I saw several items that would be near impossible to find if you lost them. Things like special connectors. I even spotted a pair of 1ghz p3 xeons. I was REALLY hoping they were something slower, lets say 900mhz, but still. I didn't open the boxes, but NOS tubes.

anyway, well worth the 2 hour trip. ^.^

No, I have a pair already. I just know a few people who would want a pair of the 2.8v ones.

Trying to convince the Bank Manager to give me some spare change to get on a plane to come to visit this shop. LOOOKS amazing collection.

I recall getting a heap of Tektronix 7000 scope bits in the USA in 2000 and buying a Heavy Duty Gaylord Shipping crate to send then back to Australia.

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...4-600-lb-Double-Wall-Heavy-Duty-Gaylord-Boxes

I prepaid the shipping in cash at a Fedex store, and came home to Aust. Box arrived via sea mail 4 months later. THEN got invoices from Fedex demanding payment.
Took 6 months to sort out and prove finally I had already paid. So there is Value in keeping receipts.

So if I got there I do similar, get one, pack it and then send.

Back