• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Radio Shack archives auction

Wow, thanks for posting this info. Apparently the shipping could be an issue on some items and the 36 day to close is a little long.
Things like the acoustic coupler will be interesting to follow.

Tomorrow is the big sack day. I was told it was today but that person was mistaken.
I am assuming they will have random grab bags available but the manager isn't being too specific. There isn't a lot of stuff left but sometimes you can get lucky.

The Gridcase 1530 might be a nice prize for someone. I'd forgotten that Tandy bought out Grid.
-------------
I'm still listening to radio on my Realistic DX-440. Good little box.

If anyone wants some memorabilia, i've got a Radio Shack 900 MHz cordless phone. Old style--black and heavy enough to pound tent pegs. Great range--when a neighbor about a block away lost his landline temporarily, I put the base station in a window and gave him the handset. He had no problems using it until the telephone guys repaired his connection. Of course, this was in the day before cell phones... But it still works!

Free for shipping.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for posting this info. Apparently the shipping could be an issue on some items and the 36 day to close is a little long.

I bid on one thing and then couldn't find any estimated shipping info, so I stopped. What if they want $60 to ship a manual? I'm not sure I want to risk ludicrous shipping and handling charges.

This has to be one of the most lame auctions I've ever seen.

No descriptions of operational state, a 15% surcharge for on-line purchases, things that the auctioneers have NO idea what it is (a CoCo II with cartridges described as a tape deck with tapes), shipping information that consists of, basically, 'we might ship it, or, we might not'.

I'd hate to think what they would do with an international purchase...

They might as well have just put everything on Craigslist for as much as this resembles an auction.

There are a few items that I would consider purchasing, but, as I'm sure they'll find with other buyers, it's just too much of a hassle for such an obvious crap-shoot.

But what I'd like to know is why the RadioShack archives include a signed nude poster of Ronda Rousey...?

Sadly, that's one of the more interesting items in this auction... This auction kinda feels like my visit to my local radio shack on Saturday. Most anything of interest has been cleaned out long ago, what remains is mostly what nobody else wants, and an employee begging people to make offers on the fixtures, as even the fixtures must go (the only fixture worth getting would have been the parts cabinet, and it was already sold).

Nevertheless, there is that bust of Charles Tandy... where else are you going to find a bust of Charles Tandy?

Back