• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Radio Shack tape recorder

2icebitn

Banned
Found one at a thrift store for 2 bucks! NICE shape. It:s one of those things you love having and keeping, but really don't have a use for. There's a tape of one of these yokels logging into and retrieving financial data. I have all the luck ;)

IMG_20181212_175451.jpg

Found one at a thrift store for 2 bucks! NICE shape. It:s one of those things you love having and keeping, but really don't have a use for. There's a tape of one of these yokels logging into and retrieving financial data. I have all the luck ;)

View attachment 49892

Yeah, I know the feeling.. I have a black TRS-80 one that came with my TRS-80 Model 4 (though it's a black one so it might have been for one of the persons other TRS-80's or Coco's), and I also have zero use for it. I did try using it for Audio for my TRS-80 but it really was pretty miserable at that so I just use speakers if I want to do that. But, here's the worst part, even though I have the black one, I keep eyeing the beige ones on ebay because it'll go so much better with the TRS-80 I have... even though I actually won't use it for anything. But yeah, they sure look nice on the retro display. :)

When I got my first TRS-80, a Color Computer 2, it came with a CCR-82 cassette recorder plus a program cassette for the text game "Bedlam". At first, it was annoying having to fiddle with the volume control to get programs to load correctly; I eventually figured out that rotating the control past the 0 would cause the control to lock in the 'P' setting, some sort of preset, and the game loaded correctly after that. Eventually, I discovered the MOTOR and AUDIO commands in BASIC, which I used to have music cassettes play through the speaker on my TV while I typed in BASIC programs. This was years before MP3 players became the norm, so it was ahead of its time, in a way. ;)
-Adam

MCM Electronics used to have a good listing for BELTS in their catalog. But, I understand that they have been
bought out by someone, and I don't know who. If they still have a website you might find what you need from them.

Larry

Back