• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM 3276 Terminal

chickenmaster9

I have a untested and likely non working IBM 3276 Terminal and keyboard. The terminal is in rough shape not to far gone but in dire need of a restoration, one of the side panels is missing but other than that everything appears to be there. The keyboard is clean but missing 3 of the key switch things other than that it is in good condition. The reason why I’m sharing this is because I would like to sell it to someone who would fix it or just take good care of it I’m not to sure on what a good price is but if your interested in it please feel free to ask me any questions, you can email me at <redacted>

Thank you for looking and showing interest!

Mod Edit: Removed the email address as it is not a good idea to post such things on a public forum as this will just get abused. Instead use the PM system for private communication and sharing of personal email addresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a untested and likely non working IBM 3276 Terminal and keyboard. The terminal is in rough shape not to far gone but in dire need of a restoration, one of the side panels is missing but other than that everything appears to be there. The keyboard is clean but missing 3 of the key switch things other than that it is in good condition. The reason why I’m sharing this is because I would like to sell it to someone who would fix it or just take good care of it I’m not to sure on what a good price is but if your interested in it please feel free to ask me any questions, you can email me at <redacted>

Thank you for looking and showing interest!

Mod Edit: Removed the email address as it is not a good idea to post such things on a public forum as this will just get abused. Instead use the PM system for private communication and sharing of personal email addresses.

Looking at this it seems it might be difficult to get it to talk to a host

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/3276/GA18-2081-1_3276_Description_and_Programmers_Guide.pdf

depending on model it would need a mainframe with a sync line, or an 8100 or you could go via a cisco router into a modern mainframe or perhaps a modified hercules. Its very heavy and you don't have a location in your profile, but sadly I feel the keyboard will end up going to a keyboard collector.

It look like 3276 is something like a 3277 with integrated 3274, right?

Then it either talks BSC or SDLC. I have been looking into BSC a bit and isn’t looking to difficult to create a gateway to TN3270. So connecting it to Hercules would then be possible. I am working on such a gateway for a 3278 compatible Alfaskop terminal. It should probably work with IBM equipment as well.

Not finished yet though.

Back