• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Midwest Scientific PROM programmer

falter

Veteran Member
I know this is a longshot - but does anyone out there have a copy of the PROM programming software for the MSI (Midwest Scientific Instruments) 1702A PROM programmer/reader? I just picked one up from ebay after negotiating a good price for it. From the catalog (p. 9) it's doesn't appear any special cards are required internally.. I think maybe it connects via serial? The end looks kinda like centronics actually..

MSI software seems to be nigh impossible to find, but I did manage to connect with someone who had the EPROM listing for the system monitor, so I'm hoping maybe someone has this software as well. This programmer, assuming it still works, could be really useful.

Many thanks!

I don’t know, to me it looks pretty clear that it requires the PIA-1 interface card.

Interesting! I have an actual catalog from them and it doesn't mention that. I just linked that other one for convenience but didn't catch that. Thanks!! I think my machine has that card but I'll double check.

Yeah it looks like the PIA-1 is just a general purpose parallel card. My machine has a version from a company called JPC products... I assume it would all be pretty similar.

Back