• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need greenbar printout of Apollo code ASAP for independent filmmaker

arkaxow

Administrator
Hello everyone,

I'm national board member of VCF, VCF East showrunner and active organizing of local events at the VCF museum.
Anyway, an independent filmmaker contacted us with a need for some Apollo code needed to be printed out onto greenbar paper. She needs 10 pages and 5 sets of those 10 pages. The short film is about Margaret Hamilton's work on the Apollo 8 mission. They start filming on Wednesday, March 3, so time is of the essence.

Can anyone point me to someone that has an already working printer that print out some code?

Thanks!

Jeff Brace

Hi,

Not sure if you have been PM'd already but Marc Verdiell has done this on the CHMs 1401. It was only a snippet. But then again that is all you need. His contact is on his youtube page here: https://www.youtube.com/c/CuriousMarc/about.

Hope this helps!

Al

OK. Thanks. We were able to get a VCF member to get his printer going even thought it hadn't been used for 12 years. CHM referred the Film company to us! CHM volunteers and employees have limited access to the museum now. The museum is closed so it was not possible for anyone to print out anything there.

It shouldn't be difficult to find someone with a tractor-feed daisywheel or dot-matrix printer that can take the full 14" greenbar paper. I probably have a system or two.

But if you want the look of a real line printer, that will be harder. Maybe someone has an old Teletype Dataspeed 40 printer stashed away. That's about as small a true line printer that I can think of.

It shouldn't be difficult to find someone with a tractor-feed daisywheel or dot-matrix printer that can take the full 14" greenbar paper. I probably have a system or two.

But if you want the look of a real line printer, that will be harder. Maybe someone has an old Teletype Dataspeed 40 printer stashed away. That's about as small a true line printer that I can think of.

Yes. It wasn't a problem to find someone with the right type of printer. The problem was the short time period that we needed it. We needed it within 2-3 days and be shipped out 2nd day air to California. We found members with the right printer, but various problems: 1) It hadn't been used in a while, 2) It didn't work and needed repair, 3) Greenbar paper wasn't available, 4) Ribbon was dried out and no replacements on hand, etc. We were lucky someone had everything in place. If given more time, we could have had a dozen or more people do it. Again the problem was the tight time schedule given by these film companies. It is always like that with film and TV shows, they are always like we need x, y and z in 2 days.

Back