• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Yet another collector

curtis

Veteran Member
Started collecting about 10-12 years ago when I rescued a tan Osborne 1 from a thrift store for $20.

When I transferred to Scotland for 3 years, saved 3 Kaypros from the scrap heap and found an IBM PC for 2 pounds (about $3.00).

Haven't looked back. When I transferred to Hawaii, I pretty well cleaned out the island of Oahu.

Since I've been back to Pensacola,FL, haven't been able to find anything significant locally, so have been pretty active on ebay.

I'm primarily interested in laptops, handhelds, pockets, etc. I also try to keep it older than the 286, but will go newer if it's something "significant" in my humble opinion, ie IBM 701C.

Curtis

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to the VC Forum!

So YOU'RE the one who cleaned out Hawaii? :)

I'd be surprised if there weren't some interesting old machines in Pensacola between the naval air station and some of the other government facilities there had to be some fairly early automation.

Enjoy!

Erik

If there's anything here, it's well hidden. Definitely NOT in the thrift stores or even the older computer dealers.

I made the rounds and sprayed cards everywhere and to anyone who'd take one to get the word out one of "those weirdo computer guys" is in town! All to no avail so far.

Back