• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

greetings all from the peach state

thenzero

Experienced Member
I wanted to pop in and introduce myself since I've been posting and checking this forum daily for the past few days.

I'm from the middle georgia area and of course I love and collect old computers, handhelds etc. I don't have anything too rare or interesting maybe but I do love tinkering and keeping my collection functional.

Currently I've got (in order of release date):

-Toshiba T1000 laptop with RAM expansion and built in modem (DOS 3.30; battery restored with new cells, in beautiful condition!)
-Zenith SupersPORT 286 laptop (fully functional but badly cracked case...ask me about it sometime it's a tragic story) (DOS 3.30)
-SIVA 286 (video output using ega/cga to VGA converter)
-Compaq Deskpro 4/25is (Win3.1)
-Toshiba Satellite 2595CDS (Win95)

I've also got a Samsung CM4531 that now just shows blue lines when I turn it on...I'll probably make a post about that eventually.

Other (tangentially related?) hobbies:

microcontrollers, raspberry pi, handhelds (psion, hpc), linux/unix, PC and DOS gaming

I also play chess at the amateur level. I'm on lichess if you ever want to play just message me! By trade I'm a software engineer (I started programming in the 80s using the GW BASIC book that came with our Leading Edge Model D!)

Last edited:
I don't think too many people want to admit they live in or around Whatsacomputer, Georgia. :)

You might want to check out the Atlanta Historical Computing Society https://www.atlhcs.org/

It seems the Vintage Computer Festival Southeast for this year is tentatively back on, I think scheduled for August. I did a display there previously, but last year's event was canceled due to covid.

I don't think too many people want to admit they live in or around Whatsacomputer, Georgia. :)

What? Why?
You might want to check out the Atlanta Historical Computing Society https://www.atlhcs.org/

It seems the Vintage Computer Festival Southeast for this year is tentatively back on, I think scheduled for August. I did a display there previously, but last year's event was canceled due to covid.

So I've read! I'm very excited about that, I only just recently found out that it existed!

Back