• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

RetroSophie Introduction

RetroSophie

Hi all! I’ve been a lurker of VCF and VCF forums for quite a while and decided to join today. My name is Sophia and my username is RetroSophie. By trade I am a senior software development engineer in test in the Seattle area and restoring vintage computers has become a hobby of mine. I currently own three vintage Apple computers- an iBook G4, an iMac G4 and a Blueberry iBook G3 Clamshell (recently purchased and currently restoring). I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for vintage Apple computers especially from the late 90’s through early 2000’s which were prevalent in my teen years but I have fond memories of older Apple machines as well.

Happy to meet all of you and looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning from you all!

Welcome Sophia to finally joining VCFED!

The 'oldest' Apple I have is a //e. And the newest is an iMac - which may get replaced shortly, as I have reached the end of OS/X upgrades to it. This is our 'home' computer.

Dave

Welcome, Sophia! You might want to check out the Seattle RetroComputing Society (SRCS). They used to meet in Redmond (when there were in-person meetings), but now meet virtually. At some point the in-person meetings will resume, I assume. Lots of Apple types attend.

Roger

Back