• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from Canada, BC

scriptguru

Hi everyone,
I owned soviet-made ZX Spectrum as a kid (sold it for pennies when I was young and... less considerate) and a Chinese-made clone of NES, and was hooked up ever since.
Sometimes I find something interesting (TI 99/4a, for instance), fix and sell it.
Sometimes I keep what I find, because it's just too cool to sell.

Just recently I got 2x TRS-80 Model 100 (two different models - different RAM amount), 2x Jupiter ACE and 3x 16K memory modules for them.
Haven't tested ACEs yet, but one of TRS-80 works fine, and one needs fixing. Going to keep both TRS-80 and sell all the Jupiter ACE stuff (or maybe keep one of them... we'll see).

Of course, I've played with emulators a lot. But there is huge appeal in vintage hardware - especially hardware that is relatively easy to understand and fix.

Besides traditional computers, I'm very much interested in programmable calculators, vintage slide rules, and mechanical calculators. I don't have many of them, but they are joy to own and use.

Thank you, NeXT!
I'm moving to Central Okanagan very soon, and the thing I'm going to miss the most about the West Coast is Craigslist with a tons of stuff.
Hope to find something similar that works equally well for Kamloops/Kelowna/... area. Craigslist for that area is almost dead, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Oh man, the ERA cleaned out most of our garages, sheds and basements of old computers with neighborhood recycling drives 15 years ago easily. You're going to have to setup search favorites to notify you of anything on CL/facebook marketplace, otherwise you will spend a lot of time like me travelling to Vancouver and Seattle to pick up hardware.

Back