• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

"Hi, everybody!" (Hi, Dr. Nick!)

robert_sissco

Experienced Member
Hello,

I go by Robert. Been involved in computers for most of my life. Been working IT since junior high school for a cow pattered logo tech company, for Microsoft, for their resellers and now as a network admin.

I am most comfortable in Windows simply due to exposure, but I am learning Linux and moving over to that.

For my vintage interests, while I would love it all, I do prefer the Commodores, from the PET to the 64, although I would love to get a 128 and maybe an Amiga at some point.

While I cut my teeth on Visual Basic and C++, I am having a blast learning Basic and would love to start trying to dabble in the machine language for the 6502, and am fascinated by the Basic expanders for the Commodore line, and have recreated the manuals for Simons' Basic, S'MORE, The Final Cartridge III, and the Super Expander 64 due to the fact that they seem so dang harder to find that the carts.

I enjoy using these for gaming as well as work machines, finding myself using a lot of my database building, work processing and spreadsheet tracking on cartridges and saving to cassette.

I also enjoy collect modern games for the commodore PET (I have a model 4032 and a Mini-PET from The Future was 8-bit), VIC-20 and the C64 because I find the fact that cassettes are still being manufactured amazing.

I have a degree in Computer Science, although most of the skills have atrophied due to non-use, and am currently self-studying electronical engineering to help me with the repair and maintenance of these classic sexy machines.

Had a few posts already, and have found the community here to be really helpful, and look forward to learning what I can from everyone, and hopefully at some point being able to help oithers.

Hello and welcome. Where in the world are you?

I am from the state the the Cohen brothers have convinced the wider world that we all speak with a Norwegian accent, despite the fact that, with the exception of the opening scene, the movie takes place in Minnesota.

I hail from the land of ice and snow, North Dakota

Last edited:
Back