• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from Saskatchewan

docred

Experienced Member
Hi all, just joined from Saskatchewan, Canada :) I've visited the site numerous times over the last couple years for information etc, but for some silly reason never joined the forum.
Much to my wife's dismay, I have a respectable pile of 1970s and 1980s era systems, focusing a lot on 8-bit stuff, especially Commodore and Apple. I work in I.T. and broadcast engineering, so I'm always tinkering with some electronics and communciations as well.

Hi, up there in Saskatchewan, and Welcome :)

A list, or some pictures of your "respectable pile of 1970s and 1980s era systems" would be of interest.

'and' wives don't always appreciate the omniumgatherum of vintage gear, I'm afraid.

Thanks for the welcome :) I'll pull out the digital camera tonight and see if I can clean up my disaster area a bit and take a couple pics. Hmmm, a partial list is as follows :

KIM-1
SYM-1
Apple IIe/IIc/IIgs
Commodore Vic/64/128/16/+4/SX-64
Amiga 500/2000/4000
TRS-80 MC-10/Model 100
ZX-81
Atari 800/800xl/520/1040
Mattel Aquarius

I've got a number of the old 8-bit game systems as well that we occasionally have retro gaming nights with, the old Atari/Intellivision/Colecovision and a few others :)

>docred: "I work in I.T. and broadcast engineering, so I'm always tinkering with some electronics and communciations as well."
Nice to have someone on board with an interest in analogue. Although my knowledge of electronics is mostly limited to audio processing, I do run a little FM transmitter here in the mountains where nobody minds :) ,and dream about upping the ante and going legit (VLPFM) on that some day. (I'm still in the very low milliwatt range) For me the only computer connection is playout software and I don't think I'm going to manage that on legacy hardware.

Very cool :) We've got a couple FMs and an AM - I was initially in I.T. so its been a learning experience working on this stuff. I've started dabbling in some ham radio stuff as well, I'm kind of excited at some of the possibilities there are at interfacing some different equipment. Between I.T., broadcast, studio stuff, and building maintenance, its never boring :)
You never know what you might be able to cook up for playout equipment and software. Hmmm...I wonder what the earliest versions of musicmaster and scott systems will run on?lol

Back