• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AN/FSQ-7 and AN/FSQ-8 SAGE computers

oldsageguy

My introduction to the world of computers started in the Air Force in 1961 when, as part of Project Blue Suit, I attended the AN/FSQ-7&8 training at the IBM factory in Kingston, NY. I was then assigned to the Chicago Air Defense Sector HQ at Truax Field, Madison, WI, where I worked as a maintenance technician on the I/O section. In 1965, I was trained on the Burroughs D825 BUIC II computer system. The BUIC system was the replacement for the then-aging IBM computers. I worked on the system at Calumet AFS, Calumet, MI until my assignment to Vietnam in 1966.

I have a lot of memories of growing up in the computer industry, as I have spent my entire adult life involved in computer systems in a number of opportunities including R&D, installation/maintenance, invention of new technology, etc., and am interested in sharing memories with interested parties.

I am now retired and look forward to hearing from anyone that would like to discuss the development of the computer industry from inception to the current day.

Back