• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

"HI" from the great white north !!!!!

canuck46

Experienced Member
Actually it rarly snows around here,got none this year to speak of. I live close to Vancouver,BC Canada eh. I stumbled across this website by accident and Im glad to see theres others like me out there! I have quite a few older computers,about 40 that run plus another 40 for parts or what ever.Ive recently started to try and find out what I could about some of them.The ones that run are a IBM 5150 with color monitor,a 5160 with mono monitor and various other IBMs like a model 25,30 and 70. I also have a Eagle Pc,a Compaq portable various Radio Shack computers,a model 3 and a early TRS 80. I also have the usual pile(20) of 286,386 and 486s. And a lot (Whole Basement) of spare parts and old programs,books,floopys(boxes of them)operating systems etc. I am looking for original books,documentation that would have came with those older computers.I dont wish to sell anything but Id gladly trade for some thing you may require. Anyone ever heard of a Phillips computer ? I have one....8088,has hard drive and large and small floppy drives....says "Assembled in Canada" on it.....just curious? GREAT SITE>

Hello, i am also from the "great white north", only it actually snows a lot out here in southern Alberta. Thats quite a collection you have. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forums!

Don't think Iv'e ever come across a Phillips computer. I did find a Samsung. I didn't know they made enitre comuters.

-Vlad

canuck46 said:
Anyone ever heard of a Phillips computer ? I have one....8088,has hard drive and large and small floppy drives....says "Assembled in Canada" on it.....just curious? GREAT SITE>

Are you sure it is PhiLLips? Or is it Philips?
I had a bunch of Philips computers, being a Dutch company.
NMS 9100's, Philips YES! (80186!) etc.

Last edited:
Jorg said:
Are you sure it is PhiLLips? Or is it Philips?
I had a bunch of Philips computers, being a Dutch company.
NMS 9100's, Philips YES! (80168!) etc.

Oops....Yes,Its a PhiLips,model 3103. Please note I my original post was at 11 pm...yawn!!!! Thanx for the info...Dave

Erik said:
Welcome to the VC Forums!

Is it really still white up there?

Rarly white...Instead of snow shovles in the shed we keep a canoe on the roof...caus of all the rain....I ran accross(in my storage room(basement) a Sharpe 286 laptop,with manuals....not in working order though...but have everything....

Dave

Quack,Quack!!!!

Quack,Quack!!!!

Well...It was beautiful here yesterday....coulda put top down on convertable...but NOT Today!!!!...might have to get out the canoe.....Rainin like ----. Good day to work on computers though:p

vlad said:
I did find a Samsung. I didn't know they made enitre comuters.
At one point, there was rumours that Samsung was to buy the remains after Commodore's bankrupcy in 1994, but eventually it lead to nothing. I'm not sure if they were around on the MSX train in the 80'ties, but perhaps not.

My avatar is a canadian 8080 computer, the Micom 2000. Philips bought them out in 1978 and continued to sell Micoms under that name. I know Philips sold a Micom 3000. I recently sent all my documentation and 8' floppies to the York U Computer Museum
http://www.cs.yorku.ca/museum/index.htm

They have to do a major upgrade to the site so their Micoms aren't up yet. I'm packaging up my Micom now to send it off to a major collector in Cal.

Is there any other info on the label such as date of manufacture, company address (the Micom was built in Montreal) etc?

I'm attaching some info on the Micom.

And yes it is still a white, white world here above the 50th parallel. Temperatures the last 3 days have had highs above freezing but not enough to make much of a dent on the massive amount of snow thats fallen this winter. I imagine in lotus-land your more worried about mudslides.

Lawrence

Last edited:
Oops. I forgot about my Philips P3005. It also says mfgd in Canada and is also an xt-type box. So forget about my Micom questions. One of the neat things about these is that they had more than the usual 640k Dos ram. It supplied about 720k (?). Check the DOS mem avail when it does the POST startup. A real bonus in ram-starved PCs.

Lawrence

Philips

Philips

I'll check it out on the weekend and see what exactly it is...or isnt. I know it runs but not much else right now....Other than its a 3103 and assembled in Canada Eh!!!!:p

Back