• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hi my name is Mark and I love old silicon :0)

Sgt.Barnes

Hi Guys
My name is Mark, I'am from Lancashire, England and I am interested in collecting,restoring and experimenting with all types of computers and computing. I prefer vintage equipment mainly but also have plenty of modern stuff too. I love enterprise class equipment and have a small server lab also vintage gaming & consoles, home computers and do a lot also with Pc's. Although not a big programmer, I love the technical engineering side and operating systems. I like to know how things work ! but most of all love finding crusty long forgotten equipment and researching, restoring, making it live again then using it for experiments. I hope I can make some new friends here and trade stuff but more importantly knowledge. I have been obsessed with all silicon things since I got my first Grandstand TV system and soon after a new ZX81 when I was just 7 years old. Its been downhill from then :D

All the best
Mark

There's definitely something exciting about this.
Sometimes I get amazed how more efficient the old computers became over time as software engineers got better at efficiency.
Pleased to meet you.

Hi Chris
Thanks.I have spent ages on your site looking at your collection. I would love to have a root through your storage building but I suspect like me you would not part with most of it ;) I will try and list my collection soon although its not a patch on yours.

Back