• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Long time lurker, (nearly) first time poster

fvzappa

Hi all --

I've technically been a member of this forum since 2009 but I've not really participated much, I'm hoping to be a bit more involved in the future -- we'll see how that works out (free time being limited and all...)

I've been collecting computers since I was a teenager (nearly 20 years ago now!) starting with what I'd find for a few bucks at garage sales (Commodore, Atari, TRS-80), moving up to stuff found at Michigan State University's surplus store, and exploding from there. I now have over 250 computers in my collection (I'm not sure whether to be proud of that or not) and I finally have a basement with enough room to store all of them.

I have a photo album of my stash up here: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/album.php?albumid=237

I collect just about everything, from microcomputers on up (though space is obviously limited). I have a soft spot for early graphical workstations and am currently on the lookout for parts to complete my Terak, and memory for a Symbolics MacIvory II.

Thanks, and looking forward to joining in on the fun!

That really is a nice collection. I especially like the more obscure items.

I'm sure ouy've saved one or two pieces that if it wasn't for your photos I would never have seen.

Keep up the good work,

Andy.

Wow!
That is an awesome collection!
I am officially jealous :)
Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing the great pics!
Alex

Good choice on that Seiki monitor :)

Last edited:
Back