• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Dick Monahan has found VCF

Dick Monahan

I just found out about VCF when the entry about 1401 boot cards appeared in my Facebook new items list. I have spent most of my life in Mass or NH, currently in Newburyport MA. I'm a software person, having treated hardware as just a tool to write software, unless I was getting paid to help debug a new computer or write drivers for new peripherals, or new control software, or similar projects. If that makes me ill-suited to this group, do you know of a corresponding similar software group?

Welcome.

We are a global mix of both hardware and software.

Plenty of people here that would welcome a new member!

I am a member of a “funny” class where I design hardware and write system and application software (including compliers, realtime operating systems and software to control nuclear power stations)...

A Jack of all trades so to speak, but it is very helpful to be able to quickly identify where a problem resides. Usually the software guys blame the hardware and the hardware guys blame the software. I haven’t got the option to blame anyone!

Let us know a bit more about your background and what your interests are now in terms of computing.

Dave

Back