• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Kaypro website

GADFRAN

Experienced Member
Hi!

Finally have my website up and running with more information to be posted - total about 100 MB eventually.

www.kayprosts.org

Sharkonwheels says he is also working on some Kaypro websites. He is more involved with the 1984 models and I am involved with the 1983 models.

There seems to be a need to coordinate a lot of Kaypro information.

My site has some Kaypro information, but also a lot on my Science, Technology and Society [STS] research.

Kaypro people may be interested under "Special" with respect to dowloads of the draft of a full paper on my talk on Kaypros at the 2008 Trenton Computer Festival at the end of April. It is a draft of a book I am working on.

There is also a Kaypro calendar in Word calendar format, so the many Kaypro pictures in it can be used in other calendars like for 2009, etc.

More will be posted as the website designer gets the time.

Please let me know what else should be posted to help Kaypro users in their hobby.

It is a very simple "information transferal" type web site. Nothing fancy and few pictures and other special aspects.

Thanks!

P.S.

As promised, I will be eventually getting to offer on eBay my 6 working Kaypro "8" computers - modified Kaypro 4's by Microcornucopia methods.

But due to the present "issues" with eBay, it may be best to wait until things calm down.

Also, I have been busy with the TCF talk, paper and book.

In addition, a lot of time was involved with setting up this new Kaypro website - www.kayprosts.org, along with some other projects.

I want to do all this as right as possible the first time, so it all takes a lot of time.

what all modifications do your kaypros have? Also, where are you located? =)

There seems to be a need to coordinate a lot of Kaypro information.

Some time ago, when I was doing some serious searching on technical documents for
Kaypro computers, I came across this link:

http://www.yoy.org/kaypro/

They have done an emulator for Kaypro and they must have collected a whole
bunch of documents on the subject. I sent them an email and persuaded them
to present their collected work on their site, but the *&^%#@ fellow who was
"in charge" was reluctant, and my follow up emails were without response :curse:.

Mebe now that there are other dedicated sites on Kaypros, they would be more
cooperative to present their resources...:knight:

ziloo

Chris & Ziloo

Chris & Ziloo

Thanks for your replies!

Chris, check my past postings on this site and my web site for more details.

I am in Eastern PA and you are in NYC I believe.

You contacted me when you first got your 1984, mine are 1983 so are different. Glad you and Sharkonwheels worked out your issues.

Ziloo - yes, I found them too and they are noted on my web site. Too bad they acted like that. We all need all the info and help we can get. They seemed ok when I was on their site last year.

Please stay in touch when necessary and convenient.

Frank

Well i have some website related to link exchange for this category if you are interested please let me know.

Thanks

Back