• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

bonanzle.com

VintageComputerman

Veteran Member
Has anyone heard of bonanzle.com? They launched last year and are rapidly becoming the next best alternative to eBay. Over 26,000 sellers already.

Not much in the vintage computer area yet though. I am thinking of selling there. If you have an eBay account, they copy all your listings for free and don't go live until you edit them. You can still keep your eBay listings and Bonanzle has this option of holding your sale until you check and see if your item is in stock. That way you can sell on both sites and get better exposure.

Imo, this might be a good place to sell and their listing fees are a fraction of eBay's and no freakin DSR's to worry about!!!

They have a pretty good traffic ranking too. Last week it was around 42,000. Now it's 38,000 and getting better.

Here is the Alexa link... http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/bonanzle.com

Several ways to pay and cash, check or money order is OK.

Check them out!!!

Hi VintageComputerman!

Yes, I had just signed up with Bonanzle.com yesterday. Very nice site
looks promising! I am new to this forum too.

Been a ebay member for a very long time. Not to happy with ebay and
the direction ebay is going! Too many rules and regulations with ebay!

Just recently I also signed up on Blujay.com

And, of course, there is always the Vintage Computer and Gaming Marketplace. Dedicated to vintage gear and it's Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Speaking of which I also made my first successful purchase from a seller on your VCGM.

I would swear, since I looked this morning, over 400 new members have signed up. I went through the copying of my listings around 10:00 am and there were 32 other people a head of mine and I still have no items in my booth. Amazing!!!

I like that dead horse photo Erik. I signed up on your site but just never got around to doing anything with it. Consider how much it costs for ten items with all the work involved creating listings and compare it to moving 250 items to bonanzle for free and I don't have to lift a finger. I am considering selling on several sites at some point and yours is one of them. That way I get better exposure. I don't want my own website just to sell this stuff. Expensive and too time consuming. I do have a life to live, lol.

I am trying out bonanzle as an experiment. I sell a lot of other stuff and I want to spin off just the vintage computer items for now to see how it goes. I have several other stores in the works, including one exclusively for my wife.

Dude, that is so wrong. That horse was grafted into the picture in the place of the printer, which actually belongs there!

("PC Load Letter? WTF?")

Bonanzle is great. I've had a shop there for a few months. It has a nice user interface and there are no bullshit fees. Now if only we could get more sellers to move over...

OK, so here's an update. Yesterday there were something like 26,466 users. Today I look and it's now 27,048. That's close to 600 new users in just 24 hours.

I also screwed up in having my items copied over from eBay. Wrong password, so I had to try again. Now there are a whopping 138 jobs a head of mine!!!

I have a good feeling this is going to be "the" one that is going to challenge eBay!!

I dunno.. my problem is I don't have time to surf around and keep that many auction sites in my head. I know feebay, I watched it for a few years before I signed up in 98 but I don't sell on it so I guess I don't have a huge debate other than I do disagree with nipping everyone with fees and nickel and diming us to death, plus paypal, etc.

A few sites are nice, but too many sites and then we have a huge scattered sales platform which only a few bids go in. I continuously forget about goodwill ditching feebay and using their own auction site (given they rarely have a useful description) but with the lack of viewers some deals are good.

How'd you hear about this new(er) site? Just curious if you knew much about them. I'm not big on giving a random site my info so if they do well I'll sign up in a few years.

- J

OK, so here's an update. Yesterday there were something like 26,466 users. Today I look and it's now 27,048. That's close to 600 new users in just 24 hours.

I also screwed up in having my items copied over from eBay. Wrong password, so I had to try again. Now there are a whopping 138 jobs a head of mine!!!

I have a good feeling this is going to be "the" one that is going to challenge eBay!!

Please, give us some cred to. We've hosted over 66,000 auctions and sold over $60,000 in merchandise since March 24th, 2008. Unlike Bonanzle, we opted for the familiar auction format pioneered by Ebay (still the best), but eliminated a considerable amount of fees :) And we have an active forum community building: http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/forum/index.php. Oh, one other thing ... we are dedicated to the hobby !

http://www.ChaseTheChuckwagon.com.

It's good to start seeing some viable alternatives to Ebay.

Last edited:
I looked at it, but everywhere I went (cameras & lenses, vintage computers, etc...) it was slim pickings.

It's a chicken-and-egg problem:
Noone's going to do REAL listings somewhere else, because there's no traffic...
Noone's REALLY shopping there, because there's no merchandise, taking you back to there's no REAL listings...

Hopefully someone DOES challenge, although I doubt a small operation will be able to do it.
Like it or not, fleaBay is a STRONG force to reckon with, and they have plenty of coin in the coffers.

T

Back