• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New magazine on older computers

Here's a new U.S.-only print magazine that covers older computers and operating systems, including DOS, GEOS, and BASIC:

http://www.timelesscomputing.info/

I'm sorry but the content sounds like the discussions we have here. Is there any actual content list? PIII sounds very... new?
I'm sure it's a good magazine, but I'd like to know more about it than it being a set of articles on some very broad subjects.

That's because the articles haven't been written yet, the first issue is in July. The home page says "It is primarily aimed at readers with 486 through Pentium III machines that run DOS, GEOS, or Windows 95 through 2000" - yes, Pentium III is relatively new but it is already being considered an "older computer" by many. There isn't really any material relevant to anything older than a Pentium IV with Windows XP in typical computer magazines.

Isn't GEOS an 8bit operating system designed for the 6510? Thats almost 10 years older than 486, and I don't think it was ever ported to PCs.

Am I off track here?

Isn't GEOS an 8bit operating system designed for the 6510? Thats almost 10 years older than 486, and I don't think it was ever ported to PCs.

Am I off track here?

There's PC/GEOS and then there's GEM and OpenGEM which people tend to confuse with GEOS

Back