• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Site

marcoguy

Experienced Member
This was originally supposed to be just for Windows 3.1. I guess I wanted it for more, so I added to it. It is under construction, and isn't done yet by any means. I'd love some feedback. Thanks! Here is the site:

http://win31.yolasite.com/

The link is also in my signature.

Last edited:
Great to see people creating sites promoting aspects of vintage computing.

One piece of constructive crticism. Maybe it's me, but I find those flashy backgrounds detract from the overall site. They are distracting. Can I suggest just using a plain background or at least having a background with very faded images.

Otherwise good start.

Thanks for the advice. Check back in a few and I'll have done something with it.

Great site so far. But may I suggest a few things. Instead of putting "win31.yolasite.com" at the top, your site would probably look better if you put something like "Macroguy's site for Windows 3.1."
And does Yola allow you to host files on the site? You could combine the DOS and (if you make it) a Win 3.1 section and create a Downloads section. There, people could download whatever programs, utilities, files, etc... that you put on there.

Keep up the great work!

I originally had a downloads section and a request for any old programs/utilities, but nobody would send me anything! The only software I have in my small library is copyrighted, and I only want to put up old freeware/shareware.

And even at that it still won't let any executable files go through. The scanner can scan within .ZIP files. But I have a way that is commonly used to get them past the scanner.

Oh, thanks. If there is a really large amount of files, you may need to send more than one email. I think there is a 20 Mb limit to email attachments.

I officially added a downloads page. If anybody has files they want me to upload, email me with the files as an attachment. Put them in a 7z-Not ZIP-archive if they contain EXEs.

Just populated the downloads page for the first time! Be sure to contribute! :happy1::happy2::happy3::happy4::happy5::happy6::happy7::happy8::happy9::happy10::D:):cool:

I just updated the downloads page. It now gives credit to download contributors. Check it out!

I just updated the downloads page. It now gives credit to download contributors. Check it out!
Looks great. I'd suggest using something more convenient than 7z though, since that will require a separate machine to uncompress. Much more troublesome than it needs to be and not exactly DOS compatible. :) Perhaps use LHA or PK since they're traditional for the period.

Back