• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is the purpose of the groups portion of this site?

barythrin

Veteran Member
Figure I'd post it here since technically I'm sure it's a resource. The VCF Groups page has groups set up my fellow members and is a joinable type of function. I'm guess but is it just that one can send a message internally and it only goes to the group or am I missing something? Just curious without spamming groups with joining just to figure out what it does. I'm always last to join the social scene ;-)

Figure I'd post it here since technically I'm sure it's a resource. The VCF Groups page has groups set up my fellow members and is a joinable type of function. I'm guess but is it just that one can send a message internally and it only goes to the group or am I missing something? Just curious without spamming groups with joining just to figure out what it does. I'm always last to join the social scene ;-)

Groups almost work like mini-forums, as you've probably seen, but messages that you post there are only viewable by the group and on your profile, and only group members can post.

They are like "sub interest groups" and, as WMH said, they allow posts to be shared amongst members. Unfortunately some spammers have taken advantage of the limited viewership to flood some of them with spam. Please don't start groups without sufficient interest to look at them regularly and please police them for spam and, if you see it, notify a mod.

Thanks!

Back