• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What do you think of my PC and Mac collection?

thegenerallee86

Experienced Member
These are my computers

Commodore 64 with Commodore Monitor and 5.25 Disk Drive

Zenith Data Systems 386 16Mhz 1MB No HDD

Macintosh Classic 4MB Ram and original 50MB HDD

Macintosh Classic II 10MB Ram and Original 30MB HDD

IBM PC Series 350-P75 75Mhz Pentium 128MB Ram original 530MB HDD added 10GB 2nd HDD Diamond Multimedia Sound Card IBM G50 Monitor Model M Keyboard and IBM Scroll Mouse

IBM 300PL Pentium III 550Mhz 640MB Ram 160GB HDD 4MB S3 Trio 3d integrated Graphics IBM G74 Monitor Model M Keyboard IBM Scroll Mouse Optical

eMachines T1090 Celeron 900Mhz 256MB Ram 60GB HDD eMachines Keyboard and Mouse

IBM 8303-NUE Pentium 4 2.66Ghz 2GB DDR1 Ram 160GB HDD Jaton Geforce 6200 LP GPU IBM Keyboard and IBM Scroll Mouse Optical

Just bought an Apple Powermac G4 733Mhz 1.5GB Ram 80GB and 20GB HDDs 32MB ATI GPU with Original Keyboard and Mouse, also all original Restore software and Box it all came in

I think My collection has a pretty good coverage of era's so I can play pretty much any game I want!

Sounds good to me, but I think you need something PC/XT class and maybe an Apple II or compatible. ;)

Sounds good to me, but I think you need something PC/XT class and maybe an Apple II or compatible. ;)

I'm not really into the Apple II and there pretty expensive to find one in decent shape which is what I look for cause I don't do soldering or anything that in-depth. Also Just bought the matching apple Studio display and DVI to ADC adapter for it as well.

Yeah, I don’t own an original apple II for the same reason. I’ve got a IIe platinum. It was $100 picked up locally with a color monitor, two floppy drives, an ImageWriter II printer (worthless for the most part) and a huge box of un opened floppies disks.

I personally think this is just a hobby for fun, I’m not a “collector” be any means, and so I’m not going to pay rediculous prices either. I’d rather spend my money on more accessories, like a CF to IDE adapter or an XT-IDE or some other thing to make the hobby more fun.

Nice! I try to find ones that are in decent shape so I will pay a bit more for them because I am not into having to re soldering parts or soldering new ones, it's not my thing but don't mind replacing or cleaning parts you can replace easily without soldering them. I also just bought matching Apple Studio Monitor for the Powermac G4 and ordered a Apple DVI to ADC adapter for it cause the one I bought has DVI and VGA.

Back