• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The RetroSophie Family of Computers

RetroSophie

Thought I might as well share my collection, albeit how tiny.

I own a decent collection of vintage game consoles:
  • NES - Had one as a child but family got rid of it, the one I currently have is a gift from a friend, was recapped by the seller they bought it from.
  • SNES - Owned since it was new in box, in dire need of recapping.
  • N64 - Owned since new in box.
  • GameCube - owned since new
  • PS2 - owned since new
  • Pokémon Yellow Gameboy Color - owned since new
  • Gameboy Advance (Glacier) - owned since new
  • Gameboy Advance SP (Cobalt) - owned since new
As for computers:
  • 17 inch iMac G4 700mhz (Summer 2002) PowerMac4,5 - this is the jewel of my collection as it holds a very sentimental place in my heart. I remember unboxing one for a teacher for the first time in highscool, I was taken aback by the sheer beauty and unusualness of the design. It’s design was so beautiful and striking, a sunflower standing tall and proud, a testament to Apple’s innovative design language of the early 2000s. I’ve always wanted one ever since I unboxed it for that teacher. I bought this one it back in March of this year (2021) and gave it a little TLC.
  • 14 inch iBook G4 1.2ghz (PowerBook6,5) - this also holds a sentimental place in my heart because it was a gift new in box, I have taken very good care of it over the years.
  • iBook G3 300 Clamshell in Blueberry - A recent purchase, back in June or July of this year. It was a laptop I always loved the look of and this one was in surprisingly good condition. Plastic in the handle is a little cracked though, looking for a replacement.
  • Macintosh SE Dual 800k Floppy from 1986 - my most recent acquisition, back in late July. I remember my family having one (or a very similar one anyway) when I was really little. This particular one is literally as old as I am.
The one that got away:
  • Back when I was in middle and high school I had an iMac G3 233mhz in Bondi Blue, the tray loading kind. I loved the machine so much, however my family had to sell it due to hard times. I have my eye out for a similar model at a reasonable price.
So that’s the current RetroSophie family of vintage machines. I plan to expand my collection in the years to come. <3

Back