• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Downsizing.. "The #Covidtime has come the Walrus said to reduce my clutter

inotarobot

Veteran Member
Well with #CovidTime on my hands, have just turned 70 in June (2021), I decided to start a clean up and at least make a decision as to what to keep and what to part with; either by selling or giving away verses putting to eWaste/Tip.

This downsizing will cover all of my collection, not just computers but test instruments and mechanical items and books as well.

But one thing I am finding is due to the constant "on again/off again/off again" Covid lockdowns Victoria (Australia) is facing, about all I can do is pile what I and likely others don't want out in the back of my yard.

As to what I will Sell or give away. since no one can come to pick up or me deliver, (at moment) I am face with quandry .. do I leave it indoors (in my way now) or pile it up out doors under tarps (Chinese leaky one sadly as thats all I have access to) ?

I did a bit of rearranging and thougth I share this pic of a small section. Likely other than the red Al Alamiah AX230 MSX keyboard computer in pic most will go within 12 months

pz6WIVS.jpg

For those new here the following few pics give some idea of a part of my full collection,

odiPqY9.jpg

I8TYjb4.jpg

Last edited:
Hello
If you want to get rid of the CSA68000 system I would like to get it. THanks

First of all, a belated happy birthday! :)

Wow, that looks like a treasure trove! Be sure not to sell yourself short. Some of the items seem quite rare and valuable.

I live on the other side of the planet, so I wouldn't want to risk having any of it shipped here. Also, my space is limited too.

But I wish you luck and fortune with what undoubtedly is going to be one epic garage sale. ;)

Do you have any Dick Smith hardware in there? (I'd make arrangements to ship it to NSW, and I can get it out of the country from there.)

I don't think I do. sorry.. nothing springs to mind.. That being said I have a 40ft enclosed semi trailer that has a lot stored in it,
much of it I have not looked at in near 20 years, so anything is possible. And since I recently sold the 40ft Trailer everything in it has to go (somewhere) by mid Nov at latest

Back