• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Yet another collection.

sec

Here's my collection. It's not so much of an intentional collection effort as it is the result of not being able to throw anything away, and not being able to resist neat-o old stuff I find at garage sales, second hand stores, eBay, government surplus auctions, dumpsters, and so on.

2 Commodore Vic-20
2 Commodore 64
2 Commodore 128

Also, between them, I have 6 1541s (three of which are the same colour as the Vic-20 and are actually labelled 'VIC-1541'), two 1571s, and 1 1581, along with quite a pile of other miscellaneous accessories and disks. Also, a 1702 monitor, and a 1084S monitor, which get pressed into service as displays for many of the other machines.

1 TI 99/4a
1 TI Compact Computer 40
1 Acorn Electron
1 Compaq Portable
1 Amiga 500
1 Sun Sparcstation 1+
1 Sun Sparcstation 2
1 DEC Vaxstation 4000/60
1 HP Envisex (X-terminal)

1 TI Programmable 59 calculator with a PC-100C

This is a funky little programmable calculator which stores programs on a magnetic strip that is about the same size as the magnetic strip on the back of a credit card. The PC-100C is a combination power supply, printer, and locking cradle for the calculator.

1 Lloyd's TV Sports 801

This is one of those video game consoles that came out before cartridges. Has 4 games, selectable with a switch. All four are minor variations on Pong, and are all so poorly implemented as to be unplayable.

1 Colecovision
1 The Animator

This is basically an electronic etch-a-sketch which allows you to draw pictures on an LCD screen, save them to memory, and flip through them in quick succession, creating a crude animation effect.

All machines are in working order, or at least were in working order the last time I powered them, which was quite some time ago for some of them.

That's a very nice collection. I'd love to see some pictures of some of those items, like the Animator, for instance.

Erik

Here's a scan of the cover of the manual from 'The Animator', which has a nice picture of it.

0006a.jpg

Back