• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Intel/Cyrix/AMD Chips

wmmullaney

Veteran Member
I just was just given a few boxes of chips. Most were 486dx and dx2, 33 and 66mhz. But I just came across a couple boxes labelled Intel Overdrive Processor chip removal kit. In one is an intel branded pronged chip puller, a 486dx/33 with an hsi warranty void sticker, and a Cyris FasMath CX-83d87-20-gp, all ceramic. In the other box there is a dx2/66, an amd Am486 dx2-66, two more cyrix fasmath (gold+ceramic) and an intel 80387dx-25.

Are any of these particularly rare or worth something?

Eh, the OD chip removal kit is kind of fun, although they obviously have the old procs that were pulled, not the new OD procs.

The 486s and the AM486 aren't particularly interesting.

The 80387DX-25 is a floating point unit to go with a 25 Mhz 386. Pretty standard fare.

The Cyrix FastMath chips were 387-equivalent math coprocessors at 20 MHz, slightly faster in use than a "real" Intel 387 at the same speed. The gold+ceramic one might be rarer, as most of the pictures I can find of the 83D87 are ceramic-only.

Thanks for the reply, those chips on the bottom of that page are mine.

First off, I now have a couple 80387s to sell if anyone is interested :D

Second, does anyone have a good/affordable 486 board they'd like to sell? PCI and ISA would be great, I'd like to get the AMD dx2 running. Just a simple one that will run games.

Back