• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can someone help me with Vintage IBM....

thalamus

Hello,
I am new here. My dad passed, an amazing man and an outstanding father. I found in his house some old IBM stuff that is in excellent condition. I found 3 5251 display stations that are not refurbished and are in excellent condition. I also have the 3 7362149 IBM 5251 display station 83 key keyboards that goes with them. I found IBM printer ribbon still in the original boxes that were never opened.
Can anyone tell me where I might be able to sell this equipment to? My brothers let me have it as I am a single Mom and things are kinda rough. If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate any information that you may have. I did look on ebay and craigslist, but they don't seem to sell on there.
Thank you for reading my post and thank you for your time.
Thalamus

I think these are going to be of interest to some of the old IBM System/34 and AS/400 collectors who might own something that can connect to these beasts.

eBay might be your best bet.

Hello,
I am new here. My dad passed, an amazing man and an outstanding father. I found in his house some old IBM stuff that is in excellent condition. I found 3 5251 display stations that are not refurbished and are in excellent condition. I also have the 3 7362149 IBM 5251 display station 83 key keyboards that goes with them. I found IBM printer ribbon still in the original boxes that were never opened.
Can anyone tell me where I might be able to sell this equipment to? My brothers let me have it as I am a single Mom and things are kinda rough. If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate any information that you may have. I did look on ebay and craigslist, but they don't seem to sell on there.
Thank you for reading my post and thank you for your time.
Thalamus

My condolences on your loss...

Providing a basic location will help too. As Chuck said, these are rather obscure terminals that were specific to IBM minicomputers. They are going to be in the late 70's timeframe, and I nickname them "Hernia Terminals" (the double-headed 5252 was worse) on weight.

Don't expect much interest (I have several myself, stacked atop four System/34 units)...

What was the reason he specifically had those items if you know?...

Back