• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My computer "shack"

manicminer

Greetings everybody,
Wanted to share with you my computer shack that I'm building. There's not many vintage equipment over here, but just wanted to share where I make computer repairs and where I hope to soon start gathering some vintage computers.

IMG_1193.jpgIMG_1194.jpg

On the first image, wanted to show you my Gray Logo IBM Model M buckling spring keyboard SN: 1391410, made in 13-01-1989 by IBM UK

On the second image there's my Blue Logo IBM Model M keyboard SN: 71G4633, made in 18-12-1995 by Lexmark UK . It will replace the Green Apple Keyboard.
Also on the second image, my only "retro" computer. The HP 200LX with serial cable and null modem adapter.

Best regards from Portugal

heyy someone else with a nice old fashioned IBM keyboard.
I use one myself, i have such mis match of computer hardware in my room haha.
do you still like the keyboard or just never got around to changing it because it works
:p

My vintage Philips keyboard has issues with the numeric keypad so I do not use it that often anymore. :( I already cleaned it once and the numeric keypad worked again but then failed again later. :(

thank you guys for replying.
I use the gray logo IBM since 1995. Have made a lot of upgrades on my computer but never replaced the keyboard. I love the tactile feedback that a buckling spring keyboard gives. It's really a plesure to type and code on it. And it is so heavy... Can be used as self defense weapon if someone sneaks in there.

I use a Model M with my Xeon-based Mini-ITX system...Intel still makes several Mini-ITX boards that have real PS/2 ports on the motherboard! You really can't beat them for reliability and tactile feedback. I've got one that needs to be cleaned up for my girlfriend...she wants to rearrange the keycaps and replace her DVORAK keyboard with it, after having used mine.

I use an IBM Model M keyboard that I got with an IBM XT-286 in 1986. I've used it on a daily basis and currently have it attached to a Dell system with an i7 processor. Not sure how many systems I've used it on over the years.

>>strollin. That's great. 25 years of use and still going strong. I think this keyboard can last forever.

Back