• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Woohoo!!

Kaptain Skitzo

Experienced Member
On the edge of Sanity, just outside the border.
I just got my grubby little hands on an Amiga 2000 last night. A friend of mine picked it up for me from someone who advertised it on www.freecycle.org.

It does work, although there was some minor damage due to a leaking battery(I fixed that this afternoon). The only problem with it, that I can see, is that the mouse-pointer isn't responding to movements. Could be the mouse pad, or a blown CIA chip. I'm leaning towards the mousepad, because the mouse buttons work. I'm going to check up on it, and repair as needed(I have several CIA chips laying around). I just don't know which one MIGHT be the culprit....so I'll replace them both with known working ones.

On the bad news side....my 3000 is completely shot. I replaced the MB with one I got from e-pay, but it didn't help anything. I replaced the chips....nothing. At this point, I'm not going to dump any more cash into the thing.....I don't have it to spare. I've pulled the chips out...and might sell them. I'm going to hang onto the HDs and case, just on the off chance I might find a functional MB somewhere that doesn't cost me much.

Sounds good, I like Amigas, but they have too many issues for me to invest right now....Kinda broke.
Good luck getting a new mainboard, but I know amiga 3000 parts are pretty rare.
Please post pics however, we loves a good vintage computer.

Go here: http://eab.abime.net/ and ask about your A3000 problem, those guys can help.

As far as the A2000 goes I think the traces for the mouse port are close to where the battery is. If you have a meter check the continuity between the chip that controls the mouse and the mouse connector pins. Could be the batter ate away a track or 2 and might be easy to fix.

Back