• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Newest edition

bbcmicro

Veteran Member
Had to set my alarm for 12:30am to get this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vintage-retro...8802585773QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've wanted a compq portable III for a long time, but never seen one on eBay, so I got this.

Looks like it nees a new CMOS battry., The seller sas it has a working HDD but i'm not so sure, but thanks to Jorg I have some spare that should fit.

Shortly after buying it I see an auction for a Compaq Portable 286.

Ah well, never mind. I'm pleased with what I've got. Should be fun cleaning it up and such.

Im really tired now! I'll probably fall asleep in english this morning...again ;)

Last edited:
Hello BBC,

Glad you've got that, was interested myself, (I like the old portablish thingies) but had spent my entertainment budget for last month, and have a pile of things in need of attention.

good luck getting it going.

nig

Sorry, my mistake, It's a compaq portable 386 :)rolleyes: ) and he wants £45 postage (!?!?!?!) pffft. Nuts to that. Besides, blue is my favourite colour. :cool:

//edit

Yet another mistake! this thread should be entitled 'Addition'. Aren't I full of typos today?

Last edited:
Congrats!

Congrats!

Nice catch! I've been drooling over those since the late 80's, early 90's (sorry, can't quite remember the exact year) when this Navy Chief I worked with bought one. All I had were my little old 8088-based systems.

Good deal, I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for another one like that.

Back