• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Found a few old parts: Hardcard, SB 1.5

ratbuddy

Was rummaging around in the attic at my mom's house and found some of my old machines: Tandy 1000 EX, Tandy 1000 TX, Tandy 1000 TL/2, and a DEC Celebris XL 590, among others. The stuff I thought was somewhat interesting was the Soundblaster, and the SCSI hardcard.

I know the hardcard pics suck, took them with my old phone in a dark attic. It's from Hard Drives International, and I think it set me back something like $260 back in the day. I'll go back with my camera and get better shots some time. Oddly enough, the drive itself (ST177N) is apparently still available a few places for about $200. The controller booted fine in the Tandy 1000 TX.

KKT7VCp.jpg

HTddDC1.jpg

The Soundblaster was small enough to take home with me, pics should be a little better. I paid $80 secondhand in about 1992, the guy (from a local BBS) said he either got it with the CMS chips already in place, or ordered the chips direct from Creative, I can't remember which. It needs a good cleaning, but worked fine when I last tried it.

tpxkU3a.jpg

LK3ZUZK.jpg

Doubt either is worth much, if anything, just sharing the find :)

The scsi card alone will grab a good $60-$75 on ebay. If the hard drive is in working condition, you can double that. (on a good day) The sound card is another easy $50. The original cms chips are nice. PROVIDED you can clean the cards without destroying them. Normally, hot soapy water under a tap does a great job, but a lot of people are weird about the stickers on their soundblasters. Grab a $2 box of alcohol swabs at the store and go nuts would be my suggestion.

Back