• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My stuff

ravuya

Experienced Member
- Old colecovision with a bunch of games
- Atari 800XL + 1050 drive
- Mac LC (used to have a Mac Plus but the CRT died)
- A PowerComputing Mac clone (will be fairly rare, I dunno...)
- SWTPC 6800 (Too bad it doesn't run. Already arranged to get rid of it).

So my collection is fairly immature (my machines are mostly newer Macs and x86 boxes.. bleah) but I'm hoping I'll be lucky enough to run into something. I bought the 800XL today, btw.

Sounds like a fun collection and, if you're just starting, a great beginning.

It's too bad your 6800 doesn't work. Those aren't usually that hard to work on (mostly TTL and simpler ICs).

Enjoy!

Erik

Erik said:
Sounds like a fun collection and, if you're just starting, a great beginning.

It's too bad your 6800 doesn't work. Those aren't usually that hard to work on (mostly TTL and simpler ICs).

Enjoy!

Erik

I'm somewhat afraid to open it up as it's not initally mine (it's my father's, bought and assembled brand-new for his university computer science classes) and I have little to no understanding of electronics. If it's just an unseated board or something I could probably just shove it back in and boot up. I'll try that one of these days; thing is in a box under the stairs and the hand-soldered power supply scares the living hell out of me. ;)

If you are interested, I have the technical documentation on the SWTPC 6800. Once you are ready to try, I can make copies for you to help troubleshoot. (It make take some time before I check this forum.)
Those are very straight foward to repair if you have a friend inclined to electronics.
Yes, those pins have a tendency to loose connection, so try to remove all boards, clean the Molex pins and reseat the boards a few times.
Good luck!.

SWTPC 6800

SWTPC 6800

Wow - what a shame on the SWTPC 6800. Is it gone yet?

I have a friend who fired his up to demonstrate it for me a few months ago. Interesting machine. His has like 32 or 64K of RAM, and he was a 'monitor' ROM that can boot from a floppy disks. Not sure what the floppy controller is, but it uses standard 5.25 double-density drives.

One of the apps he has is a Microsoft BASIC interpreter. This is really primitive stuff ... Most of the other stuff is assembly language based. It has text editors, an assembler and a linker - what more do you need? :)

Back