• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Just started a collection...

:lol: You know I use to think the fact that I was interested in vintage computers was 'odd'. I guess many share the same hobby. I'm glad! Anywho, heres my collection (as of today)

-Commodore 64 with 1541 floppy drive, C2N datassette drive, many programs

-Commodore 128, use perif.s that 64 uses.

-Apple IIGS, external 5.25 floppy drive, external 3.5 floppy drive (I was told this is an excellent Apple computer, can any verify?>)

-Macintosh (aka "Mac Classic '84"), but recently the moniter began failing, so this week its going on the work bench. :prayer: :cry:

-Mac Performa 405 (absolutely terrible computer, but cool looking)

-Panasonic Business Partner (IBM clone) w/ double internal 5.25 floppy drives, recently installed a hard drive, specs just flew out of my head. Color moniter! VERY expensive in its time. I know the hard drive was around the 600 dollar mark as well!

Well, kind of small compared to other collections. I've also got

-an "I Adore My 64" pin. Couple of bucks on eBay. Very cool!

-"C64 Programmers Guide" again, very cheap on eBay.

-Apple logo stickers from the late '70s. Avalible on www.redlightrunner.com

-Retro Mac Error (OF0003) t-shirt, with the happy mac on the back. Found it at www.cafepress.com, search for "retrogeek".

I almost bought an "anatomy of a C64" poster. Could you believe it ended at 37 bucks on eBay? :GASP: To much!

I am looking for any copies of BYTE magazine if anyone has any they need to clear out.

Anyone else want to share? Hmmm?
:::The Recycler:::
:::The Recc

Hello Captain! :D

Those all sound like fun machines.

I wish you luck with the Mac monitor. Be careful working on those - displays can be hazardous. . . but I'm sure you already know that.

Erik

Actually

Actually

Actually, after I posted that, I was working on it, put it back together, and... failure. It only responds to a good smack on the side. I'm guessing its just faulty wires, but I guess there's always another Mac Classic out there. But, www.redlightrunner.com will let me turn my fading memory into a really cool aquarium for a price. I guess its a project for another day.

Before you do that, see if you can find another toaster-style Mac to scavange parts from. The later 512s and other similar machines use many of the same parts but don't have the value of the original 128.

Good luck!

Erik

Do a google search. The solder joints on the analog board (the vertical board) go cold after a while. If you just touch them gently with a soldering iron they normally come back to life. Owning 8 or more compact Macs, you learn a few things :wink:

The Czar

Back