• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

my dinky collection

Mike Chambers

Veteran Member
i don't have that much stuff... and it's almost all x86 and related hardware

1 x 1981 Osborne model 1 (considered by many to be the first "laptop"... i don't have the disks for it, so i can't do anything with that system. it turns on and tells me to insert a boot disk. i think this system is Z80 based.)

7 x SD-P5TA motherboards (with various CPU's... ranging from pentium 133 to AMD K-5/6's and some Cyrix chips.

1 x Toshiba Satellite laptop (300 mhz)

3 x various 286 boards (one of them seems to be broken)

1 x Gigabyte GA-5SMM motherboard with 366 pentium-rated Cyrix

1 x IBM 486 motherboard with DX4/100 cpu

2 x 386 motherboards (one has 25 MHz SX cpu, the other has 40 MHz DX)

1 x unknown brand 8088 motherboard, mfg. date in 1982 (cpu is Fujitsu 8088 clone)

1 x Nintendo Entertainment System

1 x first-generation Sega Genesis system

i have a good number of other computers, but none of them are really old enough to be considered "vintage"... such as athlon 64's, pentium 4's, pentium 3's, etc, etc, etc...)

yeah its not that impressive of a collection but it's a start... i'd love to get an old commodore 64 and/or vic-20

i don't have that much stuff... and it's almost all x86 and related hardware

1 x 1981 Osborne model 1 (considered by many to be the first "laptop"... i don't have the disks for it, so i can't do anything with that system. it turns on and tells me to insert a boot disk. i think this system is Z80 based.)

Check out this site for some information on your Osborne 1:

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=181

yeah its not that impressive of a collection but it's a start... i'd love to get an old commodore 64 and/or vic-20

Hey, we all have to start some where, at least those of us not quite smart enought to keep all of our old computers when we buy them originally ;-)

Good luck, and I wish I had a VIC-20 or a C-64 also!

thanks for the link! my osborne actually has a standard RS-232 port, and there is supposedly terminal software for it. so, if i ever get some boot disks for that thing, i could connect to my athlon 64's serial port and write some software that allows me to do some text mode web browsing (like lynx) or maybe AIM or IRC via a serial connection. :D

yes, i know... i have way too much free time on my hands

thanks for the link! my osborne actually has a standard RS-232 port, and there is supposedly terminal software for it. so, if i ever get some boot disks for that thing, i could connect to my athlon 64's serial port and write some software that allows me to do some text mode web browsing (like lynx) or maybe AIM or IRC via a serial connection. :D

yes, i know... i have way too much free time on my hands

Mike, try this link:

http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img/index.htm

I found this link a week or so ago, and only just remembered this thread.

Back