• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Collection (addiction)

falter

Veteran Member
Here's what I have so far after 20 years. The bulk of it was acquired in the last 10. I'm kind of out of room -- although there are a few more 'small' things I'd like to grab like the SWTPC 6800, SOL-20, etc. But those are pricey so it'll be a while yet. Meanwhile I'm going for sheer bulk so I don't get bored. :)

Apple II (rev 4))
Apple II+
Apple IIc
Apple IIc+
Apple IIe (regular)
Apple IIe Platinum
Apple III
Apple Lisa 2 (believe it is a converted Lisa 1)
Bell & Howell Apple II+
Atari 520ST
Atari 1040ST
Atari 130X
Atari 800
ASCI System U
Coleco Adam
Commodore KIM-1 (Rev D)
Commodore Pet 2001-8
Commodore Pet 2001-16
Commodore Pet 4016
Commodore SuperPET
Commodore CBM 8032
Commodore Vic-20
Commodore 64 x3
Commodore 64 Silver Label x1
Commodore 128
Commodore SX-64
Commodore Amiga 500 x2
Commodore Amiga 600HD
Commodore Amiga 1000
Commodore Amiga 2000
Commodore 116
Commodore PC10-III
Commodore PC10-II
Commodore 486 Tower (no model number I can find)
Compaq Portable
DEC Rainbow
IBM PCjr x2 (1 with Quadram expansion chassis)
IBM PC 5150
IBM PC AT 5170
IBM PS/2 80
IBM Thinkpad 380ED
IBM Thinkpad 701C
IBM Thinkpad 730T
Intel MDS-225
Kaypro 16
Linden Series One Apple II compatible
Macintosh Plus
Macintosh SE
Macintosh Classic
Macintosh Color Classic
Macintosh Emac
Macintosh iMac 233
Macintosh iMac 333 I think?
Macintosh II
Macintosh LC II
Macintosh LC III
Macintosh LC 475
Macintosh TV
Macintosh PowerMac (forget model number)
Macintosh PowerMac (forget model number)
Mattel Aquarius
NEC APC
Ohio Scientific Challenger 1P
Orange+3 Apple II compatible
Powerbook 100
Powerbook 12" 867
Sinclair ZX81 in custom case
Timex Sinclair
1000Tandy 1000EX
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A
Toshiba T1000
Toshiba T1200
Toshiba T3200SX
TRS 80 Model 1
TRS 80 Model II x2
TRS 80 Color Computer
TV Typewriter prototype replica ** (pieces of, to be built)
TV Typewriter II CT-1024 Terminal

Here's a video of a lot of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfDT2Rho1sA

I also have about 10+ vintage PC laptops -- 286-486. Also have a Commodore 8050 drive, and a Commodore SFD-1001.

Last edited:
Very impressive collection. I love the rack at the top of the wall!

Thank you!

Yes that room is trying to do too many hobbies at once... model railroading and computers both need vast space I don't have. The top shelf was going to be trains but I ended up using it for display. Gotta figure out what I'm going to do. :)

Nice collection :) You're on cctalk right? (Sellam is taking offers for a SWTPC). I'd love a test 6800 system also (Ended up buying a non-functional Altair 680 (always a swing and a miss for the perfect model isn't it?)) to test parts or at least the processor in eventually.

Very nice falter. You crammed a lot of stuff into a fairly tight space there. You need some shelving :) I was alittle worried seeing that motherboard on the Bell and Howell Apple II+. They scratch pretty easy, don't they?

Nice collection :) You're on cctalk right? (Sellam is taking offers for a SWTPC). I'd love a test 6800 system also (Ended up buying a non-functional Altair 680 (always a swing and a miss for the perfect model isn't it?)) to test parts or at least the processor in eventually.

Yes I'm on CCtalk. Likely can't afford that 6800 though. I was overjoyed last year when I won this CT1024.. that seems to be something not everyone else has. I really want more early/homebrew stuff. Dead for me is more fun than alive.. thats what I had with my Lisa, which became my first heavy duty repair project (corroded traces). I got that machine with working profile drive, keyboard and mouse for $800.. I've seen auctions going for $1200-1500 lately (sometimes without the profile) so I'm hopeful I made a bit of money there.

Very nice falter. You crammed a lot of stuff into a fairly tight space there. You need some shelving :) I was alittle worried seeing that motherboard on the Bell and Howell Apple II+. They scratch pretty easy, don't they?

The B&H I have was already a victim of many years of school abuse. And I did have a thin foam thing under there I think. It was just placed there for the video. I really like that homebrew Apple II mobo.. I just wish I knew enough about it to get it going again. But theres so many custom bits of wiring. One of the eeproms has pins soldered together. Im afraid the whole thing would light up on me.

Speaking of the B&H.. I am really hoping to find a replacement for the missing key on mine.. or find a way to manufacture a replacement. Black Apple II keys I assume are pretty rare.

Great collection! Mmmm..... Dec Rainbow and NEC APC (want!)

Where are the Sinclair machines though? :D

Tez

I discovered one more.. my Atari 800.

Question: Trying to decide which 'line' to finish off. I was thinking about getting a IIgs to complete (short of having a Rev 0 II) the line of Apple IIs. However, does a true collector include the Europlus and the Japanese one also? And that Church music thing? Or do they fall under Apple II+? I notice the Europlus is basically just a rev D rfi board..

I cut myself off with accepting the II+ as those models. Getting every model variant is sort of like trying to get every revision motherboard and model. Not the best use of your time or budget ;-) I guess I'm just missing the most expensive stuff so I have no Apple II or Bell & Howell model. I'm not sure how I ended up with both a /// and ///+.

I did think the IIc+ was pretty cool though. On the bright side (For you) the GS or GS Woz doesn't demand that much money and can utilize regular ADB keyboards and existing monitors.

Very cool that you have a ///+. Some collectors I've spoken with treat the /// as an extension of the II series, therefore I'd need a ///+ in addition to that GS to complete that group. I saw three ///+s come up for sale while I was on my little buying spree, but at that point I was zoned in on the Lisa which consumed a big chunk of my budget. Would love to get a ///+ at some point. At some point I will pull the trigger on a GS... I have everything else including keyboard, monitor, etc. Just not the box. Kind of hoping for a decent Woz edition.

As a side project I actually have been collecting A2 motherboards, just for fun. I have the green slot Rev 04 (in my A2S1 now), a black slot Rev 04, and a Rev 07. Probably will be impossible to get the Revs in between, although I hold out for one day capturing a Rev 0. There was a Rev 0 Apple II offered for $3k that went wanting for weeks on ebay. Not sure why.

Awesome collection. How you finding the iMacs, have any CRT issues with them? One of mine doesn't degauss correctly anymore.

Back