• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Just filled my apartment!

mpickering

Experienced Member
Hi all,

Just returned from a 700 mile round trip road trip to pick up some stray hardware in need of a home. I guess my vintage collection has officially been augmented.

I just picked up the following:

Vintage:

SGI Personal Iris 4D/25
SGI Personal Iris 4D/35
Personal Iris keyboard

Both machines appear complete but are definitely beaten down a bit. Haven't torn them down yet to assess their condition. I'd like to restore one of them to operational condition.

SGI Iris Indigo (configuration unknown, no graphics). This is a pretty little machine.

I also picked up 6 Indigo2s (2 Teal, 4 R10K IMPACTs), an R10K O2, a Sun Enterprise 450 and a Sun Enterprise E3000 (big beasts and not really vintage). Also a couple SCSI CD-ROMs, cables and a 6 drive SCSI array (with the drives). I might as well run a data center out of my apartment. I can honestly say not many people can claim to have herded servers down their hallway!

And to make my Friday happy, I had my new Tandy 1500HD show up! $1 off eBay. Machine powered up fine, screen is perfect, floppy works but the hard drive needs a little love (won't boot). So now I am preparing to make FreeDOS disks and get this machine back up. Battery had crystals on it and won't hold a charge (no surprise there). But other than these issues, the machine is in very good condition. I play to use it as a serial terminal for my workstations! Why can't modern laptops be this small, light and cute?

I will post pictures of the new antiques shortly for those interested.

Matt

Back