• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

8088, etc.

FroggyMe

I learned about this forum when I got a bumper sticker for it at the VCF. I think I will share my collection (or at least what comes to mind):

An 8088 XTurbo system with a high resolution NANAO CGA monitor. This was my first computer. It has 640K ram, a 20MB seagate HD, and 2 360K DD floppy drives. It's running PC-DOS 3.3 right now.

I also have a Commodore 64 with the 1541 disk drive and the tape drive (1531?) I have an Okidata color printer, and a modem for this computer.

2 TRS-80 MC-10s Very small and cool running an old Microsof BASIC

2 TI-99/4A's and 1 TI-99/4 and a bunch of wierd disk drive peripherals for them. The controller is in a separate box from the actual drive.

A Magnavox Oddessy 2. KC Munchkin is such a fun Pac-Man clone!

The rarer 1993 NES redesign.

An Atari Jaguar (Tempest 2000 rules! The Yak is so cool. Have any of you played his remake of Hover Bovver for Pocket PC? It's mighty fun)

Some Sega MasterSystem cartriges and software cards (They're like a credit card in size, and slide into a slot) but no Sega to play them. :(

A book from 1975 that I just got from a friend today called _Introduction to Computer Architecture_.

And the book _Supercade_!

Peter

Welcome

Welcome

Welcome, Peter, to the VC Forum!

You've got some fun machines and reading material there. It sounds like you are enjoying it.

I'm glad those adverts at the VCF worked out!

Enjoy the forums!

Erik

Re: 8088, etc.

FroggyMe said:
2 TI-99/4A's and 1 TI-99/4 and a bunch of wierd disk drive peripherals for them. The controller is in a separate box from the actual drive.

Weird peripherals? (My ears twitching)

What manufacturer? External drives are not that weird, but a bunch?

barryp said:
Weird peripherals? (My ears twitching)

What manufacturer? External drives are not that weird, but a bunch?

You want to hear TI 99/4 wierd? I was offered a Televideo CP/M desktop a while back and finally went to pick it up last week. The donor hadn't opened it, but it did look a bit strange when I picked it up since there were no connectors on the back (usually you'd expect at least Serial ports) and there was an odd ribbon cable coming out the back with a homemade connector.

I took it home and opened it up and, lo and behold, it was one of those micro-expansion interface boxes (PEB in a modem sized package) shoehorned into the old Televideo case and using the original drives. The rest of the machine had been pulled and tossed. . .

So, I've now got one of the wierdest PEBs on the planet. . . :)

Erik

Erik said:
I took it home and opened it up and, lo and behold, it was one of those micro-expansion interface boxes (PEB in a modem sized package) shoehorned into the old Televideo case and using the original drives. The rest of the machine had been pulled and tossed. . .

So, I've now got one of the wierdest PEBs on the planet. . . :)

<More ear-twitching>

Please, more about the "micro-expansion interface box".

Is it butchered?

What manufacturer?

If it's wonderful, will you part with it? :wink:

Back