• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Eccentricities

Rick Ethridge

Veteran Member
I have numerous vintage computers but I've concentrated on Commodore machines. I have two C=64 units with 1541 disk drives. Two C=128 units with 1571 and 1581 disk drives, 1531 mouse, 1750 REU, and 1200 bps modem. One of the C=128's has a 64k VDC ram modification. There's a Plus/4 unit with 1571 drive and an Amiga A1200HD with 10 megs of ram. My other systems are one RARE green screen TRS-80 Model 4, one fully trigged out TRS-80 Model I, one Apple ][e with two disk drives, and a TRS-80 Model 4P green screen computer. I used to own a Macintosh 512, a Leading Edge Model D and a TRS-80 Model 16B with hard drives and Xenix operating system.

That's a very fun collection! The commodore machines are great!

What did you do with the TRS-80 mod 16?

Erik

My 16B also ended up in the dumpster, but by a different route. When my ex-wife decided to divorce me, I left about half of my collection in her basement, for lack of storage space at my new place. After about a year she got sick of looking at the stuff and trashed it all. I blame myself because I had plenty of time to retrieve the stuff but didn't. My collection today is but a fraction of what it once was.

--T

Oh my

I am in the reverse predicamnet you were in.

My ex wife still has some stuff in my basement that is taking up valuable potential computer space.
It's been five an a half years. Perhaps it's time to have a garage sale, if it wasn't so cold out ;)

Chris

Rick Ethridge said:
Sadly, I found myself in the same predicament you're in; no room. It wound up in the landfill. :cry:

Now that's a bummer.

Fortunately my space issues aren't that bad yet. We do have some cleaning up and reorganizing to do around here, but we'll get it sorted out without resorting to dumpsters. . . :)

Erik

Back