• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My collection i made better

bugeye

during the 80s i found one of my many hobbies and loved video games. someone during that time sold me an atari xe with some games. by the time it went on somewhere else me and my friends played it till eventually we had to hold the keyboard ribbon in place while starting games. from then on consoles were coming out and that was the end of that until some time during the 90s. from then old computers would come and go but now that i have my own place i can appreciate the hobby in my own glory.

so here are some of the vintage computers i have and what i have done to make them better at video quality, accessing data, other good things and playing games.

Tandy 1000 TX
processor upgrade= "make it 486" 286 to 486 cyrix chip that runs like a fast 386
ram upgrade= 640k to 768k
Hard drive= Tandy 20mb or 30mb hard card
removable drives= bournelli 90mb (with old interface card) for the games, zip 100mb and combo 1.4mb & 1.2mb floppy running on parallel card for data exchange
video out= rgb to a 25"tv with cga input, commodore 1084s or an optional cga to rgb analog adaptor that can go to a sony pvm. also optional scart to component for a sony 36" tv

Tandy HX
256k (640k after i find the card)

Amiga 500
ram 4mb
hard drive 500mb
vga adapter for 15hz monitors

Atari st
atari color monitor

Apple GS
ram 4mb
scsi hd & zip 100
sound card thing
an add on that uses atari joypads or apple joysticks

Atari XL
modded for proper s video out
goes to a laptop that holds games

Commodore 128
goes to a laptop that holds games

UNISYS pentium mini pc for VGA & sound blaster stuff
only room for a 1.4mb floppy built in
to make it a decent dos gaming pc & data exchange it has
sound blaster 64
external zip 100
external 1.2 floppy
external cd rom
huge 31" gateway 2000 crt vga monitor

i am currently trying to upgrade the tandy hx as some of these vintage computers are bare bones and these forums offer a lot of insight on making are old computers better with existing old tech and up to date tech and know how from vintage pc hobbyists.

Back