• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My collection of TRS-80, TI and PC stuff

random_rodder

Experienced Member
I've only been 'collecting' for a little over a year, as such my collection pales in comparison to most I've seen here. Certainly not as eclectic as some here, but, I'm just starting...

One gray TRS-80 CoCo, 64k, CoCo2 style keyboard
One 3127 CoCo 2
One 3127-B CoCo 2
Two 128k CoCo3's (one of which can be seen at my repack page at http://cocom3repack.blogspot.com/)
Two 512k CoCo3's
Have various accessories including two MPI's, FD-501 and FD-502 floppy drives, various games and software

One 64k TRS-80 Model IV (which is really a IV in a III case, tho RS did the upgrade)- no software besides L-DOS and TRS-DOS so I really have no clue how to use it yet
15Meg HDD for the Model IV

Two TI99-4/A's, with one speech pack and various accessories

P90 based PC
Two K6-2 300 PC's
One K6-2 450 PC
Two K6-2 500 PC's
One PIII 750 PC

And I have several newer platforms that to me do not count as collectable (just my own opinion...)

I am always looking for others. I'd like to add an Atari 400, 800, and ST system also. Future systems I'd also like to add are Apple II, Amiga (any), TRS-80 Model I, and maybe Model II.

I am always looking for others. I'd like to add an Atari 400, 800, and ST system also. Future systems I'd also like to add are Apple II, Amiga (any), TRS-80 Model I, and maybe Model II.

Atari 400's sell for pretty cheap these days, but apple II's vary from their condition and there rarity.

Last edited:
Are Atari 400 cheap? Perhaps if they're battered beyond recognition, no longer working and missing parts like the power supply. At least that is my impression.

Well, I figured I'd better update this list - only been four years. Will just post my entire collection again...

5 - 512k CoCo3' (3 have 6309's)
1 - My repack CoCo3 which is 512k, upgraded to a 6309, 2-3.5" floppies, A Roy Justus VGA adapter connected to a 15" HP LCD, MPI, and a Radio Shack multimedia sound system is being installed. All jammed into a Model III case.
2 - CoCo2's (one is a 3127B lowercase capable)
1 - grey CoCo1 w/CoCo2 k/b
1 - grey CoCo1 w/aftermarket k/b
1 - White CoCo1
4 - MPI's (2 upgraded for use with CoCo3's)
3 - FD-501 ( 1 with 2 3.5" DS/DD drives, 1 with 2 DS/DD 5.25's, and 1 with 1 5.25 and 1 3.5)
1 - FD-502 with a single DS/DD drive
1 - TRS-80 Model IV
1 - Tandy 1000HX
1 - CoCo mouse
1 - RS-232 pak
1 - Speech Systems 'The Voice'
2 - R/S Speech/Sound Paks
1 - WICO j/s adapter for the CoCo
1 - 26-3022 FD Controller
1 - FD-500 FD Controller
3 - FD-501 FD Controller

Non - Tandy Stuff...

Atari 800XL
Atari 1040STf
External floppy for ST
ST Monitor
ST Modem
2 - TI-99/4A's, with a bunch of carts and a speech module

PC Stuff:

P90 based PC
Two K6-2 300 PC's
One K6-2 450 PC
Two K6-2 500 PC's
One PIII 750 PC

Most of these can be seen at my website gallery at: http://tandycoco.com/gallery/

Been trying to snag a PCjr or a Coleco Adam - haven't had much luck on these...

Well, one of my 'to add' systems is well on it's way. I just got in a Colecovision Adam. Since the printer was not included I still cannot test it out to see if it works...

adam.jpg

You can easy adapt an old PC AT PSU to test your brand new Adam ;). In fact is a far better solution than the bulky Adam printer.

Btw, nice machine!

I've never seen a good reference on what the expansion Adam vs the complete/independent Adam look like. I was just going to comment that I was under the impression that only one of the two required the printer for the power supply but I could be wrong.

I've never seen a good reference on what the expansion Adam vs the complete/independent Adam look like. I was just going to comment that I was under the impression that only one of the two required the printer for the power supply but I could be wrong.

Growing up, a friend of mine had a Colecovision. When the Adam came out, his parents got him the add-on Adam. I thought my CoCo with an MPI and floppy disk took up some real estate; that was nothing compared to how much that Adam system took up. I can't remember if the printer provided power to the add-on unit or not - been way too many years and/or beers ago...

At least the expansion required the printer, the standalone computer can use it; but as I've never found a complete unboxed unit I'm not sure about its power supply. I suposse that the printer was also supplied with it.

Some time ago I'd sell my expansion+coleco and kept another standalone Adam, I was force to build a PSU for it and definitely is an improvement.

most excellent collection, and you have come a long way in these past few years. I'm looking at your pics now.

Thank you! Still have a ways to go to get what I want, but, I'm working on it...

At least the expansion required the printer, the standalone computer can use it; but as I've never found a complete unboxed unit I'm not sure about its power supply. I suposse that the printer was also supplied with it.

Some time ago I'd sell my expansion+coleco and kept another standalone Adam, I was force to build a PSU for it and definitely is an improvement.

No idea on the printer issue. I found a couple ATX power supplies that have -12vdc - will start working on converting them for the Adam next weekend...

Try to find an old AT power supply. As the Adam doesn't require too much power and usually switching ATX PSUs work by an on-demand schema they don't provide enough power on some lines. Trying to build a PSU for an friend's Adam I tested several ATX PSU without luck, only a rusty AT one work fine. Be careful specially with the -5V line.

Back